Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you folks, I am trying some different formats and getting decent results. However, Portrait for the moon,...................does not work. Makes it way to soft.

Great pics Aaron, and nicely captured considering the lighting conditions.
If the first pic in Post # 2891 is a Ford Popular, I used to have one of those for a short period, many years ago !
I think I paid £5 for it, and sold it for £10 to a fellow student at the time !!

Terry, it is a Anglia. Not sure if that's is the same thing or not sir.

Basically yes, Aaron. From what I remember, the Anglia was the later, 'upgraded' version, circa mid to latish 1950's.
In the early 1960's, here in the UK, we got a 'new' Anglia, in the then 'modern' style, getting away from the 'sit up and beg' (as we called it) intermediate styling between 30's/40's design, to the early 50's. This Anglia had the rear window angled inwards, from top to bottom, probably by about 35 to 45 degrees, which made for great rear vision in wet weather.
My Dad had one, which I sort of used as my 'first' car sometimes, and, after a bit of a front-end shunt (not by me!), he replaced the entire front end with a moulded glass-fibre unit, which hinged forward, and braced the McPherson struts, among other mods, with the idea of using it for track racing, which never happened!

Beautiful shots my friend!

Thank you David.

Isn't it great that people have hobbies that want to preserve these machines. It helps to make the world a much brighter place. Great pictures Aaron.

Thank you Vic, I restore cars for a living.

I like the pictures with the cloudy weather. Makes the light better, I think. Good job.

Thank you Marcel, I have found I like shooting in cloudy weather more than bright sunlight for that very reason. Dusk and dawn just don't last long enough.

Basically yes, Aaron. From what I remember, the Anglia was the later, 'upgraded' version, circa mid to latish 1950's.
In the early 1960's, here in the UK, we got a 'new' Anglia, in the then 'modern' style, getting away from the 'sit up and beg' (as we called it) intermediate styling between 30's/40's design, to the early 50's. This Anglia had the rear window angled inwards, from top to bottom, probably by about 35 to 45 degrees, which made for great rear vision in wet weather.
My Dad had one, which I sort of used as my 'first' car sometimes, and, after a bit of a front-end shunt (not by me!), he replaced the entire front end with a moulded glass-fibre unit, which hinged forward, and braced the McPherson struts, among other mods, with the idea of using it for track racing, which never happened!

Interesting history Terry, I will have to see if I can find some photos so those. Over here the Anglia was and is very popular for conversion into a drag car. There size and weight being almost perfect. Like this model, which has been heavily modified.

Attachments

• IMG_2969 resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_2969 resized 20 legal.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 69
I went hiking again Monday. Took a couple friends up to the Channels. I have posted photos before from there back in 2010 I believe it was. But here are some from yesterday. These were taken with my 6D and the 50mm f/1.4 lens.

Attachments

• IMG_1436 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_1436 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1454 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_1454 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1473 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_1473 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1482 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg
    IMG_1482 adjusted resized 20 legal.jpg