Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Neat stuff. It reminds me of my days growing up in the midwest with the barns with advertising on them for things like Beech-Nut Chewing tobacco.

Nothing much has changed.
The last time I was in the midwest (2004) they still were doing that to the barns.
Especially the ones along a major freeway.

I like this one the best Aaron.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...1-brooks-photos-img_7330-legal-resized-25.jpg
It looks like it's been through hell but it's still standing.

Wheels

Can you imagine just how cool it must have looked, back in the heyday of these farms when all the buildings were new?

Excellent shots, Aaron!
Thank you Dave and I agree. I would really liked to have seen this area before it was settled. That would be amazing. With all the garbage that's tossed every where it can really take away from the beauty of this area.

Neat stuff. It reminds me of my days growing up in the midwest with the barns with advertising on them for things like Beech-Nut Chewing tobacco.

Thank you Eric. There are still some barns with ads on them down around where I work but with all the powerlines and trash they are not very picturesque.

Nothing much has changed.
The last time I was in the midwest (2004) they still were doing that to the barns.
Especially the ones along a major freeway.

I like this one the best Aaron.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...1-brooks-photos-img_7330-legal-resized-25.jpg
It looks like it's been through hell but it's still standing.

Wheels
Thank you Wheels. I had a lot of trouble getting the settings correct on that shot. Even though the sun was out there was a thin layer of clouds that acted like a florescent light. That just gave me an idea. Change my lighting setting to florescent. ( What an idiot!) Any way, I ran that shot through PSE7 and darkened the shading just a hair and it helped but the shot still looks to flat to me. Sorry to rant. And again, thank you for taking the time to browse.:oops:
Brilliant shots Aaron, it kind of looks all dried frosted out after all that snow

:hotsun: :hotsun:
Thank you Vic.:oops:

Shinpachi, I think they have replaced XSi that I have with the XLi but I'm not sure as I cannot find any information on this. But do check them all out before you decide because you might find one you like better and that better fits your needs. :thumbright:

Hey now...I need to throw in a shameless plug for Pentax!

The K-mount allows me to use other manufacturer's like Sigma, etc...plus the 35 m/m SLR Pentax lenses, too!

(we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread)

:evil4:
While you are right about that, Dave, there is just a larger availability of third party products for the Canon and Nikon line. Nothing against the Pentax.

Yep, certainly true Eric. It is also possible to use the 35mm Canon SLR lenses on the DSLR mounts as well Dave, even on the cropped sensor bodies like the XTi/XSi of course the will work better on the full frame bodies though.

:evil4:

Honestly, there are a lot of good cameras out there and some are better than others. If I had megabucks, I would have a Hasselblad in my case.

Wouldn't we all like a Hasselblad (or a Leica)...

I still want a Leica if my financial condition allows...

Film cameras are popular with the young guys who got bored with the digital ones here. They may be simply seeing them as an antique but I am glad because I can bring my old Nikon with me on the streets with no hesitation, feeling young guys hot eyes:)

Attachments

• P1010111RS.JPG
    P1010111RS.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 78
Ok Lucky, here's a few shots for you. We did a semi-major detail on the car for a customer. I love the color on this vehicle and yes, it is a factory color. The car has a 440 4bbl. automatic with console and bucket seats.

IMG_7337 legal resized 25.jpg

IMG_7341 legal resized 25.jpg

IMG_7340 legal resized 25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back