Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VB, when you slow your shutter speed down you get the blur effect around your subject if it is moving. That is if you can hold the camera steady enough.:) I took 869 shots and only about 50 of the action shots are presentable.

Well, I don't understand what the heck Dave is talking about, but I agree with the results!
You can use the shutter speed to create various results. In this case, Aaron used a slower shutter speed (1/100th of a second - 1/250th of a second) to capture the aircraft while still allowing the element of blur from the background and moving parts on the aircraft (i.e.: prop blur) and that gives a great effect of motion (and/or speed).
Here's a great example, and a great shot that Aaron did:
139974.jpg

Compare that to this next shot (Hope you don't mind me using one of mine for a comparison, Aaron)
where the shutter speed was much faster (about 1/1000th of a second) and you have everything in the image appear frozen. You'll notice the prop looks stationary, and the background doesn't show much motion...

Attachments

• IMGP7145-cr[604x402].jpg
    IMGP7145-cr[604x402].jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 93
Hey Merv, I was headed out of town this afternoon to go fishing and passed this place that the Historical Society has been working on. It use to be covered in wood siding and I had no idea that the place was actually made of logs.They have been working on it for about a year now and are now doing a lot of work on the barns to.:)

IMG_9884 L&D resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_9885 L resized 25 legal.jpg

Thank you guys.:oops: I over did it with PS on the first shot but got the second one dialed in fairly well.:) The more I learn the more fun I am having with this. And any time you guys need help just ask, if I can help I will, if I'm not able I will point you to one of the more knowledgeable folks here.:thumbright:

Last edited:
Thank you Merv.:oops: I am finding a lot of buildings around here that have been covered. I did some work on one some years back that is a log structure but is still covered in wood siding. If I get a chance I will try to get some shots of it.

I know I'm constantly showing photos of the cars we are working on and not ever showing the finished product. Well, here is a job we started about six weeks ago and finished this week. It is a 1957 Chevrolet Cameo pickup. This not a restoration, it's just a paint job and detail.:D

IMG_9892 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_9893 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_9895 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_9896 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back