Brown Recluse Spider: Wonder Why You Fear Spiders?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm with Clave, I am sooooo glad we don't have any dangerous creatures around here in South Jersey except for a few politicians. Or I would be a gas station attendant by now!

Sweden doesn't seem so bad after all.... On a side note though, since I have relatives in Virginia and British Columbia, what kinda nasties can you find there?

I loath Spiders! Nasty little critters!

Blackwidows I've seen plenty of times, as-well as various birdspiders, but the Recluse I have luckily never come close to, atleast as far as I know :shock:

We have all sorts of nasties here in south Mississippi.... Ive killed a few Browne Recluse, as well as a couple dozen black and red widows....

My old next door neighbor, Henry, got tagged by one in his garage, on his thigh.... He lost a chunk of flesh larger than a golf ball.... The dug out the rotting, decomposing flesh....

Nasty fu*kin bite gents....

Those first shots of the thumb are old shots.... I know the story behind them.... The guy ended up getting the entire thumb area amputated...

Spiders are something Ive had to deal with my entire life, so I have no problems with them... My son Ryan on the other hand, is scared sh!tless of them.... While running some patch cords to a ladys computer, he crawled out from under the desk with this white, ashen face, and asked me to get under there and kill it for him....

Know what I said to my son???

"U pus*y......"

Sweden doesn't seem so bad after all.... On a side note though, since I have relatives in Virginia and British Columbia, what kinda nasties can you find there?
Well I don't know about Virginia, but in B.C. we don't have poison snakes or scorpions, poison spiders are rare, no man eating sharks or those nasty box jellyfish that our Aussie friends do.

We do have a some "Darwin Candidates" that go into the woods and try to cuddle a cute little baby bear, but there is usually one of these not far away......

Attachments

• grizzly2.JPG
    grizzly2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 4,311
I'm not scared of Spiders, but I sincerely don't like them, at ALL!

Once had a big hunting spider (which isn't venomous) sit on my head while I was sleeping, I woke up seeing it sit on my nose, this big monster of a Spider - My eyes were wide open I tell ya and it didn't take a second before that thing was off of there ! Guess it was attracted to the air ventilating from my nose or something ??

Freakin nasty critters Spiders are, yack!! But still we can't live without them.

Once had a big hunting spider (which isn't venomous)

That is not true. All spiders are venomous, with the exception of the 2 spider families Uloboridae and Holarchaeidae.

That is how spiders kill there prey. They bite and inject venom which causes paralysis or kills them.

98-99% of spiders contain venom though that is not dangerous to humans.

I know all about these clowns hiding in cooler spots waiting to p[ounce on the unsuspecting. been tagged twice by Black widows.

brown recluse usually are a safe bet on the east side of the Cascade range but they have been known to pop their webs and fly over here on the west side to make a home

even the silly non spider :daddy long legs: has a cruel bite

Ive had a massive night recovering atm and that almost made be throw up hahaha. We have stacks of red backs, but really they aren't dangerous. They are pretty unagressive and nobody has died from a bite in years and years. You can often be fine if you go untreated from a red-back bite. However having said that, they do give a very nasty bite and you can get quick sick.

As for the Bear....I raise you a saltwater crocodile

That is not true. All spiders are venomous, with the exception of the 2 spider families Uloboridae and Holarchaeidae.

That is how spiders kill there prey. They bite and inject venom which causes paralysis or kills them.

98-99% of spiders contain venom though that is not dangerous to humans.

Ofcourse you're right about that, what I meant was it isn't deadly to us humans.

Been bit by a daddy long legs once, itched like a bitch..

Did you smack yourself on the nose to kill it?
:lol:

*Splat!*

No, I smacked it from the side to get it off, not kill it. But I obviously did hit my nose, but I was just happy to see that monster off of there!

So did I kill it afterwards ??? Nope, I trapped it with a tupperware dish and threw it out into the forrest. Why ? Cause I hate mosquitos even more!:evil:

Now as to the size of the thing, it was probably 7.5 to 8cm with its legs spread out, so it wasn't like it was a freaking birdspider thank god! Freaked me out nontheless though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back