Budget Bf109G Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A Little Extra..
As you know, the model itself is finished, and the diorama base is nearly done.
Just to keep you updated with progress, before the final posting, I thought I'd give you a quick preview of some corners of the diorama, and the conversion and construction of one of the figures.
The pictures show the overall diorama base, one corner of the almost completed 'groundwork', and the basis for the figure that will represent Klaus Lambio, the pilot of 'Yellow 13'.
The figure is made up from parts of 30 year old Airfix German Infantry and British Infantry 1/32nd scale 'Multipose' figure kits. The additions, lifejacket and flying trousers, were made from 'Milliput' and stretched sprue, and the figure is posed to show Lambio walking from his aircraft, shading his eyes as he peers up at the sky. A second figure will represent the crew chief, in black overalls, which is derived from a 1960's, one piece moulding, of a motor-racing mechanic, from the old Airfix slot-car accessories.
I just have to add some final touches to the diorama base, including a scratch-built parachute and harness, and then set-up the 'studio' for some photos, and hope to have the whole thing finished and posted by the weekend. Hope you like it!
Terry.

Attachments

• Diorama Guide 083.jpg
    Diorama Guide 083.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Diorama Guide 081.jpg
    Diorama Guide 081.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Diorama Guide 084.jpg
    Diorama Guide 084.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 61
  • Diorama Guide 088.jpg
    Diorama Guide 088.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 21 Gustav 320.jpg
    21 Gustav 320.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 45
Thanks very much guys! Don't mention the spinner!!! I tried the decal, which, surprisingly, went on first time - then it curled under. After one and a half attempts at painting over the spiral I thought "B******s, that'll do!" It still needs at touch-up around the cannon muzzle, thanks for reminding me!

Nice use of milliput Terry! This dio is going to look fantastic 8)

Thanks again guys! It's nearly there, just done the wheel chocks and crank handle, starting on ammo crates, fuel drum etc, plus a few bits and pieces, then put them all in place. Given that I can get the SLR set up, I'm aiming to get some 'eye level' shots, to re-create the scene at Jutebog, plus general views of the model on it's (unplanned!) diorama base. Hope to have the pics posted by Sunday afternoon (UK time).

NEARLY DONE!
The Gustav and diorama are finished!
As I had a bad night due to a bit of pain, I decided to get up and start on the photography. I've borrowed a digital SLR in order to get some low-angle, in focus shots, but I won't be able to download them until Monday, as the chap who loaned me the camera forgot the USB cable, which is different to the ones I have!
However, I'm continuing with the compact digital and film SLR, and will post the conclusion of the build story, and the pics, later today (Sunday).
Meanwhile, here's a sneak preview of one corner of the diorama display.

Attachments

• 21 Gustav 356.jpg
    21 Gustav 356.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back