Budget Bf109G Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry, what are these pieces for? Are these for the cannon barrels?

If yes I suggest a injection needle of a proper diameter.

Attachments

• pieces.jpg
    pieces.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 112
Yes, Wojtek, Matt is right.
The top two pieces are the beginnings of the scratch-built aileron mass balance horns, as these were not included in the kit. They have yet to be fully profiled, then they'll be sealed with a coat of varnish and talcum powder, to blend-in the curves between the horns and the mounting arms.
The bottom piece is the beginning of a new pitot tube, as I lost the kit part!
I can't get hold of any fine tubes or syringe needle at the moment, so this is going to be a temporary fit. The fine stretched sprue has had masking tape wrapped around it, which will be squeezed tight, then sealed with varnish, to prevent the tape curling or separating, and also to blend in the joint between the actual pitot head, and the mounting 'tube'. It won't be perfect by any means, but will be acceptable for now.
Terry.

You're right Wayne! I've been wanting to do a 1/32nd 109 F or G for sometime, and now I've got going, I can see more on the horizon!
The last one I did in this scale (apart from the old Matchbox 'Emil') was about thirty years ago, when I 'tarted up' an old Revell 109 F. That kit caused a stir when it was first released around 1967 or '68 - kits have come a hell of a long way since then!
Wonder what the collective noun for a group of Messerschmitts is?
A 'Maul', a 'Mess', a 'Maze' ?!!

I'd hate to think what it would be for a Focke!

In Polish one Focke is called "Foka" and a plural form is "Foki". Because "foka" in Polish also means the same what "seal" in English and all here like these animals we use a diminution "foczka" as a singular form and "foczki for plural form.

Why are you confused?

:lol: It is not true.After some drinks everyone can speak Polish.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back