Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fellows and friends, thank you all for your company, slowly the final details continue, I share the progress ... again thanks for all the more than 8000 visits ... wow !!
...!

A bit complicated by the inaccessibility of space, but the bombs were put back in place ...

... the placement of the curtain gates ...

So I let them spend the night and today in the morning I continued, taking advantage of a quiet Sunday ...

I will return in a bit...

I added a few chipping to the upper from the wings.

I tried it first with watercolor pencils, but since the surface is with a layer of gloss, I did not waste any more time and made them with a piece of fibrous sponge and aluminum color of Humbrol, the finished is discreet.

To the new piece that I elaborated to detail the bottom of the central well , ... I cut it to the final measure and after several tests to join it to the rail, I decided to use these mini Tweezers ... (I tried with various sizes and types that I have and none could help me like these)

...had the piece fixed, with TETC and capillarity I hope it is well attached. [-o<

Here I am going to stop for now, but before I leave an overview of my "rearranged and distributed Precinct of Pleasure"

... Last Tuesday I was with a friend doing some updates on my lap, (I saw him working), ... and I was loaded on the shelf that you can see on the wall, ... and ... ZAZ !! ... that comes off the wall and falls !!!

Fortunately I had my LIBERATOR pieces under the folding coffee table that they can see to the right of my chair; And it was what protected my work !!
If you see a previous photo of my work table, on that shelf had the four drawers with several drawers with many things, the workbench of the Dremel, with several accessories !! ... and everything rolled on the desk and the floor, ... imagine the scene !!

It was not until the next day that I reattached the shelf with pressure posts and longer screws. Collect everything and rearrange everything avoiding future risks.
This is a panoramic picture taken a little further away, and the Dremel stayed in its new place on the left wall next to the old television.

...well, now, that´s all so far... have all of you a good week and an excellent May closing.

Saludos
Luis Carlos

... Glad you had her in the "hardened shelter" when the Luftwaffe paid a visit!!

That is an excellent staging, Darryl, ... the Luftwaffe, attacked with all the force and "The Squaw" was in the place indicated at the precise time, to evade it.

Saludos amigo

Whoa! Too close for comfort! Glad the excellent and involved product of your many hours of effort did not become a war damage diorama candidate! Everything looks fantastic Luis, now, using your thread as a guide I feel a little more confident to attempt my own build of the kit. As you get closer to the end, could you perhaps point out any areas where you might have proceeded differently with the benefit of hindsight? This has been an extraordinarily fun build to follow! Thank you very much for sharing your progress with us all!

Those are words in your comments. Robert, I thank you. For several weeks I have been maturing the idea of writing about what has meant this thread for me.
Regardless of the effective time I have been able to devote to my Lib (it would have been a multi-month project anyway), ... but together with that, my mistakes and accidents have given me "a lot of material" to learn and practice other techniques to solve difficulties.

Important to know that everything has been OOB and some scratch work.

What you ask me is a very interesting question, because there are probably more than three stages in the construction and process in general, which I did differently or with some modification or improvement to the perfection of my B-24D.

It is also very important to point out and make it clear that many of these were contributions, suggestions, tips and recommendations of many of you in this forum.

It is clear that it will always be important to ask any questions that arise, ... the answer has been timely, sincere, clear, and I have always had it from all of you.
I'm going to take the time to go through "our process of building The Squaw," ... there is much that can be useful and reference for future consultation of anyone who considers it.
I also had a lot of fun here, but sharing it and being feedback is still formidable.

Muchas, muchas, pero muchas gracias

Kirby, I also had an experience with "La Mona" ( the testimonial and photo of the culprit, it is right here - post # 677- ), but nothing compared to what your mouse-hunter did.
I hope he straighten his way, because a mousetrap could reach your house. Right, Andy?

If I had a cat that trashed models, it would very soon be a 'was' cat !
I'm fortunate that, living alone, and with no pets (apart from the few spiders who control the 'No Go Zone' beneath my bench !), I don't have to worry about damage, especially as most of my models are in glass-fronted cabinets.
The frequent attacks by the 127th Heavy Dust Battalion however, are another story - dust has been training in Special Forces techniques, and can now stealthily penetrate the cabinets, attacking the models by night !

Users who are viewing this thread