Consolidated B-24D Liberator, "Strawberry Bitch", 512 BS, Libya 1943 Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know you're not going overboard on the interior Dan, but do you need any interior shots, especially the waist gun positions and cockpit? Got some if you do.

B-24 damage Dan and one showing stains on the top of the wing, will keep looking

Attachments

• B24 damage.jpg
    B24 damage.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Here you go Dan, some interior shots. These are from, I think, 'Aeroplane' magazine a few years ago, and are the Collings Foundation B24J. The details are mostly the same as the 'D', or as near as required for 1/72nd scale. I'll see what else I can find in the way of exterior detail shots for the 'D' model.

Attachments

• Can Jan 122.jpg
    Can Jan 122.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Can Jan 123.jpg
    Can Jan 123.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Can Jan 124.jpg
    Can Jan 124.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Can Jan 125.jpg
    Can Jan 125.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Can Jan 126.jpg
    Can Jan 126.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Can Jan 128.jpg
    Can Jan 128.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Can Jan 127.jpg
    Can Jan 127.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 105
Thanks for everything guys..........

My back has spasmed on me since yesterday, been layin on the hot pad tryin to lossen up the lower lumbr....

Lottta pain guys, so please excuse my absense....

Oh Dan, ouch, I can feel that myself, lay low mate and keep the hot pack up. A tab or two of Valium usually helps me recover.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Damn Dan, sorry to hear that, could be part of the weather. Its starting to get very cold here as winter is fast approaching. I know my knee is feeling it.

Maybe these will cheer you up. Some more color B-24's

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 97
  • q.JPG
    q.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 96
Great pics Paul! I've seen the middle one before, of the training unit, but not the other two. The last one is interesting, with two 'Mickey' ships, from different BG's out of the UK. Also shows the effect of the British so-called climate on the weathering of the bare metal.

Couple of more, though not your model and not all are from the dessert including some of those above it does gives you some ideas on weathering.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 91
Great pics Paul! I've seen the middle one before, of the training unit, but not the other two. The last one is interesting, with two 'Mickey' ships, from different BG's out of the UK. Also shows the effect of the British so-called climate on the weathering of the bare metal.

Thanks Terry!!!

More good 'uns Paul! Love that one of 'Pegasus - The Flying Red Horse', streaming the 'chutes for emergency braking. I've got the full pic in Roger Freeman's 'Mighty Eighth in Colour'.

More good 'uns Paul! Love that one of 'Pegasus - The Flying Red Horse', streaming the 'chutes for emergency braking. I've got the full pic in Roger Freeman's 'Mighty Eighth in Colour'.

Yeah I have that book as well. Its a great one. Well Im off to breakfeast so will see what else I can find after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back