Contest to create new forum graphics!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
OK here we go, I know some of you have already come up with some thoughts on replacing the forum graphics at the top of the templates. The idea is to make it say maybe the site name(ooh!), and have some content that pertains to, well the content of the site. I am not a graphics person, more like I suck, so I am asking for help from the community to come up with some graphics for the four forum templates(can scroll through on the bottom left or in your profile).

Artakus:
Need a new header graphic
Size: about 30KB
width:662px
height:105px
Download: since was purchased, need to check license before allowing download

Oceanzero:
Need a new header graphic, locate top left
Size: about 10KB
width:237px
height:128px
Download: http://www.forumtemplates.com/download.php?tid=55

Filux:
width:199px
height:104px
Download: http://www.forumtemplates.com/download.php?tid=63

Filux2:
width:216px
height:90px
Download: http://www.forumtemplates.com/download.php?tid=64

For Oceanzero, Filux, and Filux2 you may design a completely new header if you want(bonus points), maintain same color scheme. Please let me know if you need more psd files or info on the template.

Attached are the PSD files for these templates, now filux and filux2 have a funky logo, and oceanzero, has the blue fade, which I think the psd files will help with. Please do not hesitate to ask questions, which I probably won't be able to answer, but do try :D. Ok now some rules to the contest:
Any member can submit logos
Submitted logos, must be attached no hosting remotely
No limit on the number of submitted logos
Winners determined by staff
Will last till May 19, 2006
Rules may change

Prizes(Think gift certificates Amazon):
Artakus - TBA
Oceanzero - TBA
Filux - TBA
Filux2 - TBA

ENDING FIRDAY JUNE 2nd

Attachments

• oceanzero.psd
    oceanzero.psd
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • filux.psd
    filux.psd
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
  • filux2.psd
    filux2.psd
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
I know I volunteered to help out with this, and have not presented anything at all... I do fine with photo editting, but the graphic arts part, well, I basically suck at that. Here was the best I came up with. I know that there are quite a few of you out there that are way better at the graphics stuff. So please, kick my *** in the site graphics. Go ahead, make my day! ;)

Attachments

• ww2acnet_logo_Idea.jpg
    ww2acnet_logo_Idea.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 364
This what I have for the banner across the top of the page, still needs work.

banneraircraft6bz.jpg

One I think is better,

logothree8ds.jpg

This is a submission for the Oceanzero,

Attachments

• oceanzero_logo.jpg
    oceanzero_logo.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 239
Now I liked the one Tiger did with the P-38, but the name needs to stand out a bit more I think, but dam you guys have more talent than I have with such things, I wish I was as good as you guys.

Great work guys.

Henk

the lancaster kicks *** said:
i think i prefer tiger's other one actually, the last banner was a P-38 why not go for summit different?

This one? I'll submit this one aswell then.

Attachments

• Banner aircraft.jpg
    Banner aircraft.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 209
just been messing around for a bit, none are anything special and some are a bit blured but there's only so much you can do with 216x90 pixels, these are for Filux 2 btw, hence the vile green :lol: ............

Attachments

• lanc 4.bmp
    56.7 KB · Views: 283
  • green lanc.GIF
    green lanc.GIF
    6.5 KB · Views: 198
  • floaters 2.bmp
    34.9 KB · Views: 206
  • first lanc.JPG
    first lanc.JPG
    3.5 KB · Views: 241
  • hurri 3.bmp
    49.6 KB · Views: 291
  • spit 2.bmp
    35.9 KB · Views: 206
  • spit 5.bmp
    41.2 KB · Views: 202
  • bbmf 3.bmp
    35.9 KB · Views: 212
I like it Evan! Is that shot taken at the same time as the one in you sig only from a different angle?

I do, but I don't have in flight that are worth a damn. Our Zero is in Texas for the next year or so and left just before my new camera arrived. I could try one of the ground shots though.

I will also be seeing the A6M5 in 19 more days and will definitely being getting aerial shots of that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back