Coronavirus Thread (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks it's time for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch...if it can kill the Legendary Black Beast of Arrrghhh in the Cave of Caerbannog, perhaps it can sort out the Killer Hornets from Outer Space (or wherever they come from)?

Personally, I think I'm going a bit funny. Do you think maybe I've been in isolation too long?

Minnesota report, May 7
cases 9,365***, recovered 5,308, hospitalized 1,459, deaths 508**/***, tested 97,421*/***
fatality rate 5.4%
mortality rate 89.1 per million
test rate 17.1 per thousand*
*Test kits and reagents are becoming more available, there are currently more available than needed to meet the demands of testing for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel. Testing of the general population is beginning in small numbers.
**Approximately 80% of Minnesota COVID-19 deaths have been from cases originating in nursing homes and assisted care facilities. As of today, the youngest to die was 30 years old, the oldest was 109. 98% of deaths have occurred among patients with underlying health conditions. In Minnesota the median age of death is 83.
***The measures used by Minnesota have reduced the rate of spread significantly, however our rate of spread (reflected by the 'curve') now appears to be increasing again. In theory this is at least partly due to the increased rate of testing. The death rate appears to be remaining steady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread