Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who who want to gather in close quarters deserve what they get if they catch it. Just stay the hell away from me as I don't want it. I'm practicing social distancing and wearing my mask. As for the protestors, they get it and die, so what? No skin off of my butt.

Italy report, 7th June 5 pm CEST, weekly changes
cases 234,998, +1,979, deaths 33,899, +484, recovered 165,837, +8,330, active cases 35,262, -6,813, tests 4,236,535, +357,796, people tested 2,627,188, +193,567
fatality rate 14.4% (+0.1)
mortality rate 562 per million (+8)
test rate 70.2 per thousand (+5.9)
positive rate 8.9% (-0.7)
test rate this week 5,932 per million (-1,226)
positive rate this week 1% (-0.3)
new case rate this week 33 per million (-19)

You can change it anyway but hitting remove and choosing another one...

Minnesota report, June 6
cases 27,498**, recovered ??,???, hospitalized 3,336, deaths 1,170**, tested 333,484*/**
fatality rate 4.3%
mortality rate 205.3 per million
test rate 58.5 per thousand*/**

Minnesota report, June 7
cases 27,886**, recovered 21,864, hospitalized 3,367, deaths 1,186**, tested 344,203*/**
fatality rate 4.3%
mortality rate 208.1 per million
test rate 60.4 per thousand*
*Minnesota now has the ability to test more than 10,000 people/day, and testing is available to the general population in small numbers. However, logistics are still a problem.
**The stay-at-home and shut down measures used by Minnesota have kept the rate of spread significantly below what it would have been without such measures.

One of the things it really brought out for me was the rapid acceleration of cases in March. It illustrates quite well, I think, how COVID had the potential to overwhelm health systems as it rapidly went up the table from last place to first in just a few weeks....and that was with countries taking measures to prevent the spread. Imagine what it would have been like without social distancing!

You are about to find out, with places oike Florida, Texas and Alabama throwing out all restrictions.

I just hope we start protecting the elderly and immuno-compromised. Numbers show those group have significantly higher mortality. The Michigan website is currently being rework so the age data isn't readily available, but when I checked a few weeks ago, people age 70 or over accounted for over 90% of total deaths in the state.

Well, we're officially covid free here in New Zealand - been about 17 days since our last new case, and the last active case was cleared yesterday.
No restrictions internally, just border controls, and the Government is asking people to record where they have been to contact trace if it resurfaces.

And that is how it's done. You inconvenience yourself for a temporary time, beat it, and move on. Meanwhile in the US...

And that is how it's done. You inconvenience yourself for a temporary time, beat it, and move on. Meanwhile in the US...
I'm just worried about the suicide epidemic that's going to follow with all of the job losses and company failures. We're a country of small businesses, and losing a business is like losing a family.
We don't seem to have a plan to deal with that.

Meanwhile the number of active cases in Australia has dropped below 450. But we are starting to open up for activity, some states more than others.

South Australia and the Northern Territory have 0 active cases, Tasmania has 2 active cases.

Minnesota report, June 8
cases 28,224**, recovered 23,657, hospitalized 3,336, deaths 1,197**, tested 354,226*/**
fatality rate 4.2%
mortality rate 210 per million
test rate 62.1 per thousand*/**
*Minnesota now has the ability to test more than 10,000 people/day, and testing is available to the general population in small numbers. Logistics for testing the general population is still a problem, but slowly becoming less so.
**The stay-at-home and shut down measures used by Minnesota have kept the rate of spread significantly below what it would have been without such measures. During the today's COVID-19 update by the Minnesota governor, the director of MDH mentioned the possibility that Minnesota is entering the plateau stage (ie where the rate of spread is no longer increasing). The director said that it is too early to say for sure, but it looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread