Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately we keep being plagued by one thing or another from China.

Might not ever stop. Certain regions of the world don't have the controls on health and hygiene that we might be used to where we live, but a well prepared and organised response from competent health officials will stop the spread of such things within our countries. If governments act accordingly and prevent a disease's spread, it won't be an issue.

Minnesota report, July 6
cases 38,569, recovered 33,907, hospitalized 4,219(258)*, deaths 1,474, tested 679,693
fatality rate 3.8%
mortality rate 258.6 per million
test rate 119.2 per thousand
<
<
Minnesota report, July 7
cases 39,133, recovered 34,377, hospitalized 4,252(267)*, deaths 1,477, tested 685,247
fatality rate 3.8%
mortality rate 259.1 per million
test rate 120.2 per thousand

*The number in parenthesis is Minnesota's currently hospitalized COVID-19 cases.

An interesting experiment to determine how effective mask are
Does This Photo Show the Difference a Mask Makes?
Well, not really. What you see is bacteria. They are a 1000 times bigger than viruses. Of course they are effective against bacteria. After all, that's why surgeons wear them. This is like saying "my fence can keep the cows in, so it should also be able to keep the flies out".

Edit: read the text and they agree with what I said. One thing I don't agree with is the droplets. This only measures big droplets and only up front. Korean scientists showed that with non-medical masks and most medical as well, turbulent air from coughing is redirected sideways, vortexing around the mask through the side. Had you had been standing next to this person wearing the mask, you would have gotten the full blast. Also the mask would have been soaked with mouth liquid and virus particles, so after this you should discard the mask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread