Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that claim. While there are some issues with 5G, this isn't one of them.

My father thought the same thing, until I explained to him what 5G is...lol

A virus story that made me smile. In Malaysia some Einstein came up with the instruction that only the head of the household was allowed out of the house. The result was many thousands of men having to do the shopping for the first time, resulting in a new definition of the phrase 'Panic Buying'.

Last edited:
So everywhere in the world, people are stocking food in order to face this crisis and in America they start buying more weapons? I do like America very much, but I don't even pretend I understand them.

In some areas looting has begun. I spoke to an old friend who lives north of LA. He told me there's been issues with looters (Palmdale/ Lancaster) especially around closed businesses. In rural areas the police may not be able to respond to an issue rapidly so people are taking matters into their own hands or making sure that are capable of defending themselves. Im my part of the country, it seems even the criminals have gone on hiatus. Some politicians talked about confiscating guns before everything else.

Before I took refuge in enhanced saliva toxicity, I Found this CDC website about the seasonal burden of the Flu in recent years:

Burden of Influenza

Unfortunately, the numbers appear to diminish concern about the impact of the COVID-19 Virus in terms of its societal impact. Consider the estimated 61,000 US dead and over 800,000 hospitalizations during the 2017-2018 and other seasonal outbreaks for which vaccines were available and widely distributed. Today, the US is reporting only a little over 2,200 dead with about 123,000 reported cases. In simple numbers, this flu looks to be relatively inconsequential over a season, but we are in the midst of it and don't yet know the final toll. One might ask, what's the big deal? It's just another flu. The video presentation by Fauci posted by Flyboy provides some needed perspective on the Rona with its focused and high mortality rate and extreme contagion, compared to these other seasonal flu outbreaks whose effects were spread over a seasonal time frame instead of weeks to a month.

Plus, I think those types are suspecting a zombie-apocalypse.
In California, the Governor is ordering the release of inmates from state and county prisons and has pardoned some pretty hard-core felons.
His explanations seem to vary, but supposedly it's to make room for "infected inmates", which doesn't makes much sense.

So that's not helping an already frightened public...

How Serving in the Military in both Iraq and Afghanistan has prepared Me For This Pandemic: (Copied from my fellow military brothers/sisters)

1. You're used to seeing the same thing every day for months on end. The same colors, the same people, the same buildings.

2. You're used to being in a specific, defined area and not being able to leave.

3. Being told you can't go to certain places doesn't bother you.

4. Eating the same food, at the same place, every day, every week, every month is no big deal.

5. AAFES sells-out of stuff for months and you just roll with it.

6. Unless you're seriously injured, or sick enough to be in danger of dying, you're used to medical personnel telling you there's nothing they can do for you. Drink more water, and take the Tylenol or whatever you have in your personal stash.

7. You get a respiratory infection from Hell every time you go on R&R.

8. You are near people from all over the world who don't necesssrily use Western standards of Personal Hygiene.

9. Using bathrooms and showers that are shared by hundreds of people a day, and get nasty beyond description...is routine. Not to mention Porta-Johns that would scare Satan himself.

10. You live and work in parts of the world where Tuberculosis and the danger of a smallpox outbreak is something the Army takes very seriously.

11. You can get along with a$$holes you desperately want to throat punch. Every. Single. Day. For months.

12. Being "Bored" takes on a whole new meaning. We can deal.

13. The idea of dying is a little more real to you every hour of every day than it is to most people back home. It isn't a joke.

All the while, the Mujahideen, Al Quada, Iranian Militia, Insurgents, etc are trying to kill you.

Hang in there, y'all. This too will pass.

Here in the Netherlands, they are not testing as much anymore. So there are way more patients and deaths related to the virus then what they know. Death count is now 771, but probably is twice as high. Known infected is around 10800. We've run out of the 1000 IC beds we could mobilise, so from now on its survival of the fittest.

And in the military you are used to having someone grab you and stick a needle in your arm.

What I'd like to see is Pres Trump say the following during one of the news conferences:

"In the past we have had problems with people encrypting the databases in hospitals and public facilities and demanding ransom to release them.".

"This is unacceptable, but I can tell you that now, in this grave emergency, it will simply not be tolerated. If this occurs we will consider it an act of war! We will go to whatever lengths are required to exterminate the criminals. We will not sue. We will not prosecute. We will kill! If any nation tries to protect the cybercriminals by interfering with our response then that entire nation will be considered to be complicit. If you want anti-tank missile to come through your window as you sit at your computer, or a much larger missile to lay waste to your entire town, just try to pull some of this cybercrime now! For offenders within the United States we will sit aside posse comitas and use the military directly against the offenders, with or without the cooperation of the local authorities! No more Mr Nice Guy when it comes to this kind of crap!"

Some would take that as a challenge, and I don't think this is the time to be picking fights.

We've just had our first death, a woman in her 70's with multiple underlying health issues. Thing is, the hospital treating her initially though tit was flu, so weren't taking the precautions they should have, and now 21 medical staff are in quarantine.

Nobody is testing the numbers they should.

People need to start listening to the REAL EXPERTS, business cannot be ready by Easter in our country. Doing that will only send more to their deaths.

Whilst the curve is still on the upward trend then the impact won't seem to bad in terms of deaths etc. However once the ITU capacity it all used then is when the real toll will be seen. Already there are cases where we are avoiding ITU care for far longer than we would in any other situation because of the clinical course of the disease.

Some people can walk into the emergency department and leave intubated and ventilated to ITU and then be in multi-organ failure in the space of 3-6 hours. The deterioration is rapid when it comes and death is too if there's no ITU capacity.

But that said here's some light hearted relief...

Attachments

• The_Ladybird_Book_of_COVID-19.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Well, you CAN freeze toilet paper and it will keep for a loooong time.

View attachment 575342
Up to last week the UK had spent an EXTRA £1 billion on groceries in a month. That is obviously £1 billion that will go in the skip because there isn't a shortage of anything, just a logistical problem caused by idiots suddenly buying everything they can see because they can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread