Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, oldcrow, long time no see :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have missed you guys (and the occasional gal) while submerged in distracting occupations that have required what remains of my full attention. I have resisted the occasional temptation to barge into the forum with some typically pithy comment (e.g. "squirrel!"). That resistance was helped by forgetting my password, :confused: and not making the effort required to reset it (hey! it's complicated :(). Forgetting things and trying to remember them is becoming an all-absorbing hobby o_O, no doubt now accelerated by the 40-proof state of my saliva :cool:.

Firstly stay safe everyone.

Secondly drinking methanol it's bad for you ok.

Thirdly here is what to look out for with one addition the loss of taste and smell is also a symptom.

1585293275656-png.575047

Secondly drinking methanol it's bad for you ok.

Back in the seventies there were several mass deaths in PNG from methanol.
In the first some locals stole some metho, MEK and several other fluids with potent vapours and mixed them together and naturally most who drank it died

In the second a group stole some water-meth from Rabaul airport and again many died. The government decided it was the stockists fault and announced they would be taking them to court for causing these deaths. Next morning the law of unintended consequences struck when first (Government airline) Fokker arrived and ordered full tanks of water-meth, as always, and were told we destroyed it all. The aircraft departed very empty and even then the takeoff was reportedly pretty marginal. No more water-meth until the threat of court action was firmly rejected.

Last edited:
"mikewint said, "Und du wirst es mögen und du wirst lachen - verstehen[?]"

Zuerst, Ich Verstehe nicht, Mike. Mein Deutch ist vierzig jähr alt und Ich vergessen zu viele. as my literal English-to-Deutch translation allows.

I think, It means"I will like it and I will laugh" As in a command, no? "I WILL like it and I WILL Laugh."

In which case, "Jawohl! Main Fuehrer!" :salute: :occasion5:

(Apologies John (R.), if you are listening or reading this forum from on high test flying your new Supermarine-like wings.)

:D

"mikewint said, "Und du wirst es mögen und du wirst lachen - verstehen[?]"

Zuerst, Ich Verstehe nicht, Mike. Mein Deutch ist vierzig jähr alt und Ich vergessen zu viele. as my literal English-to-Deutch translation allows.

I think, It means"I will like it and I will laugh" As in a command, no? "I WILL like it and I WILL Laugh."

In which case, "Jawohl! Main Fuehrer!" :salute: :occasion5:

(Apologies John (R.), if you are listening or reading this forum from on high test flying your new Supermarine-like wings.)

:D
You will like it and you will laugh. Does not have to be an order, so keep your fuhrer in your pants. :))

Saw on the news that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19 and as I recall so did Prince Charles.
Detroit, Chicago (take care T-Bolt), and New Orleans are the new epicenters in the US.

Trying too. Since I'm an "Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker" I'm still working but only outside. I refuse to step foot in our field office which is in a 4 story office building. Still feels very stressful working around other people outside even though I'm keeping my distance. Both kids in collage are doing there work on-line and my wife is still at home with a broken shoulder and recovering from a PE she threw after the surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back