Member Biography/Profile thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,

I am HotelAlpha200, but you can call me Hotel if you like. I am a Spanish guy that lives in the US. I am very interested in WWII and aviation from that era and beyond. Anything from 1930's till recent I like! :lol:

My family has been involved in the Aviation field a long time and I have Spanish Air Force relatives, etc. and I like to know more about their liking and the time zone they were in history.

I play and mod Il-2 Sturmovik (I am a novice modder) and I am known in the Il-2 community and I am very active.

Very nice to be here, I look forward to meeting new friends and knowing more about my interests.

Best,

Hotel

BIO:
I was born in Olathe Kansas. I lived there from birth to about 8 and then moved to Topeka, Kansas. 8 years later, I moved back to Olathe. I have two older brothers. One is in the U.S. Air Force. The other works for a Natural Gas Company.
I graduated from Olathe North High School in 1996 and Joined the US Army. I went to basic training at Ft. Leonardwood, Mo and attended Advanced Individual Training (AIT) at Ft. Lee, VA. When I received my orders for my permanent duty station, it was accompanied by N.A.T.O orders. I flew to Germany and two weeks later I found myself in Bosnia refueling Apache Helicopters. Being 18 and the first time away from home besides basic and AIT was bad enough, but being in a Hazardous Fire Zone and not knowing any of my fellow soldiers sucked. During the deployment I decided to get a tattoo while on Pass in Budapest Hungary. I can tell you for sure that alcohol and tattoos do not go together well. THey tend to make you bleed a lot. After living in a tent for 8 months I redeployed back to Germany. The rest of the time in Germany was a blast. Since I had learned how to speak German in high school, getting around was easy for me and I did a lot of traveling around the country.
In 1999, I received orders transferring me back to the US and assigning me of all places, Ft. Riley, Kansas. This time I was refueling the M1A1 Abrams Tank. In 2000, I was again deployed to a Hazardous Duty Zone, in Kuwait. I was in the desert when the USS Cole was bombed and spent about a week traveling and conducting operations to the Iraq border and taking soldiers to the Air strip to get flown to Quatar to guard the embassy.
In 2001, I got out of Active Duty and went into the Army Reserve in Kansas City, Kansas driving 5,000 gal fuel trucks (rolling RPG target) . I drove a fuel truck for a while and then was hired as Law Enforcement Officer in 2002. I was activated in 2003 with the Army Reserve and went to Ft. Leonardwood in Preparation to go to Iraq, however our mission was cancelled and I returned to my job until 2004 when I was activated again and sent to St. Louis, MO in preparation to deploy to Iraq. I was deployed with a unit in a position I was never trained. I received about 3 days of training before deploying ( all classroom work). When I arrived in Kuwait to stage for Iraq I was sent as part of the Advanced Party to get me as much OJT as possible. I was stationed at Al Taqquedum Air Base in Iraq. That is near Fallujah and Ramadi. I conducted approximately 35 combat patrols as convoy security and survived two encounters with Improvised explosive devices and mortar attacks. I redeployed in 2005 and returned to work until I ended my military carreer at the rank of Staff Sergeant in 2007. I received the Meritorius Service Medal, 2 Army Commendation Medals, 3 Army Achievement Medals, 3 Armed Forces Expeditionary Medals and a handful of other medals to include the Meritorius Unit Citation as a member of my unit.
But enough about me,

Soldier

Last edited:
i said my military biography in other topic ...

but, it`s myself bio:

Born on Dec 18, 1994 in Tehran.

Went to Army Language School at Horr Sq. from 5 years old for 7 years.

Primary School in Tehran and Fifth Class in Qeshm Island.

Got my Diploma in International Tour Leading and Management.

Served in Army ...

Done Several Translations for Army ...

Self Employed by Tehran and Nearby Towns/Cities Tour Manager for Iranians and foriegeners.

and now ...

i`m here.

i said my military biography in other topic ...

but, it`s myself bio:

Born on Dec 18, 1994 in Tehran.

Went to Army Language School at Horr Sq. from 5 years old for 7 years.

Primary School in Tehran and Fifth Class in Qeshm Island.

Got my Diploma in International Tour Leading and Management.

Served in Army ...

Done Several Translations for Army ...

Self Employed by Tehran and Nearby Towns/Cities Tour Manager for Iranians and foriegeners.

and now ...

i`m here.
Salaam Artesh. Nice to have someone from Iran joining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back