Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris Johnson, (British Prime Minister) and Prince Charles (British son of his mother) have both tested positive for CV-19. The kettle has been put on with crisis level increased to "time for a brew".

A guy from my floor at work who had to work from the office came down with symptoms a few days ago and was sent home. He, however, was not tested. That pisses me off. The response in this country to the virus is a joke.

With an incubation period of up to 14 days, and we have been working from home for 10 now, we all were possibly exposed to him.

Hope all here stay healthy.

Went out for a walk yesterday and ran into a friend who was doing the same. We stopped and chatted, keeping our 2 meter distance. Paul told me that he was out the other day and ran into someone he hadn't seen in a while. Turns out this guy just got back from the US 2 days ago. Now, it's s standing order in our country that, if you have travelled outside of our borders and return, you must self isolate for 14 days, punishable by fine. So Paul asked what the hell he was doing out here walking about. He said he felt fine so why the fuss. They went their separate ways and then Paul saw him sitting with an octogenarian with emphysema.

God save us from stupid people.

Last edited:
Saw on the news that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19 and as I recall so did Prince Charles.
Detroit, Chicago (take care T-Bolt), and New Orleans are the new epicenters in the US.
A 1YO baby in Florida has tested positive and a 17YO in California became the first child to die of the virus in the US
The Washington Post reported that 300 people in Iran had died after drinking methanol to "cure" the virus and another 1,000 were seriously ill after drinking the methanol
South Africa is on a three week total lock-down and has banned dog walking, cigarette sales and alcohol sales (AP news release)

Saw on the news that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19 and as I recall so did Prince Charles.
Detroit, Chicago (take care T-Bolt), and New Orleans are the new epicenters in the US.
A 1YO baby in Florida has tested positive and a 17YO in California became the first child to die of the virus in the US
The Washington Post reported that 300 people in Iran had died after drinking methanol to "cure" the virus and another 1,000 were seriously ill after drinking the methanol
South Africa is on a three week total lock-down and has banned dog walking, cigarette sales and alcohol sales (AP news release)

According to the CDC, New York City is the epicenter not Detroit, Chicago, or New Orleans. They are seeing more cases but nothing like New York. New Yorks daily cases are more than any city in the US. It averages 5,500 cases a day, and so far almost 45,000 cases alone.

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Trump had spent quite a bit of time with several leaders that were tested positive for COVID-19. He might very well end up testing positive, as did Johnson.

In Croatia, we're now at almost 600 tested positive. Several deaths have occured. Population is a bit more than 4 million.

I have heard from a marginally informed medical source that maintaining a 40 proof alcohol content in one's saliva will kill the virus. I am doing my best to maintain that regimen as I self-isolate. However, the furniture is proving to be something of a nuisance. Someone keeps moving it in my path.

Cheers, oldcrow, long time no see :)

Chris, my error, re-read the article and the term actually used was that they (Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans) were becoming "HOT SPOTS" not epicenters as I posted: Lapus Memori

Italy report 5 p.m. today
cases 86,498, deaths 9,134, recovered 10,950, tests 394,079
fatality rate 10.6%
mortality rate 151 per million
tests rate 6.5 per thousand

B2961FDC-21E8-478C-8AF9-77BA2432C473.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back