Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's around the 38C. Not too bad. If it doesn't get bigger, you'll be fine.

It's more likely to be corona than flu particularly at this time of year. Flu season usually ends by March and it's been superseded by corona recently. There's hardly been any flu around so I would say it's unlikely it's a flu and more likely it's corona even if you aren't tested.

Despite not testing me, my Dr. stated most likely it is corona. So far it is not too bad for me.

But Chris has been in quarantine for more than 3 weeks. That's a bit scary isn't it?

Study suggests new coronavirus may remain on surfaces for days

SARS-CoV-2 remained active on plastic and stainless steel surfaces for two to three days under the conditions in this experiment. It remained infectious for up to 24 hours on cardboard and four hours on copper. The virus was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours. These times will vary under real-world conditions, depending on factors including temperature, humidity, ventilation, and the amount of virus deposited.

We do any shopping ONLY on Tuesdays from 6-7AM when the stores are open only to seniors (60 or older) and we wear gloves and P95 masks while doing so. Gloves are removed outside the car and placed in a plastic bag which is sealed. Hands are then sanitized twice with alcohol gel (70%). Masks are removed in the car and placed in separate plastic bags. We bring our own shopping bags to the store checkout and they go from the car into the garage where they sit until the next day. (The people stocking shelves did not wear masks or gloves.) Frozen foods go directly into a freezer where they will stay until Saturday when they will be removed to another freezer. All canned goods are wiped down with disinfectant wipes as are any plastic wrapped items. (we wear gloves and P95 masks). Any boxes arriving via FedEx, UPS, or USPS remain outside until the next day. I used to bring ordinary mail directly into the house until I noticed that our rural mail carrier was unmasked and ungloved in their car. Arriving mail now goes into a special box in the garage where it sits until the next day.

The only thing I can think of is when I went to get groceries about 10 days ago.
That could be your source - we're advised to wash all shopping with soap. I've stopped short of washing veges such as broccoli, etc that is going to be cooked, but it will sit in the fridge for 3 days until we use it.

Get well soon.

That could be your source - we're advised to wash all shopping with soap. I've stopped short of washing veges such as broccoli, etc that is going to be cooked, but it will sit in the fridge for 3 days until we use it.

Get well soon.

Yeah we have been disinfecting everything in the garage before it comes in the house.

The virus was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours. These times will vary under real-world conditions, depending on factors including temperature, humidity, ventilation, and the amount of virus deposited.

Mike - glad you posted that. I saw this article this morning and my blood boiled. I'm no scientist or doctor but I think this was totally off base and irresponsible to publish, I could be wrong and if I am I'll admit it. Hugh, please chime in as well...

"Prather has found that the ocean churns up all kinds of particulate and microscopic pathogens, and every time the ocean sneezes with a big wave or two, it sprays these particles into the air. She believes that this new coronavirus is light enough to float through the air much farther than we think. The six-feet physical distancing rule, she said, doesn't apply at the beach, where coastal winds can get quite strong and send viral particles soaring."

Coronavirus at beaches? Surfers, swimmers should stay away, scientist says

No consideration to the items Mike mentioned, let alone the salt environment. If she went out and actually detected COVIS particulants, I'd find this more believable. IMO this is just adding to the hysteria.

Domestic cats have been infected with COVID-19 by their owners, Live Science previously reported. Cats seem to have a receptor protein on the outsides of respiratory cells that is similar to the human counterpart involved in SARS-CoV-2 infections. Called ACE2, this receptor protein is what allows the virus to break into these cells and multiply.

"The feline ACE2 protein resembles the human ACE2 homologue, which is most likely the cellular receptor which is being used by SARS-CoV-2 for cell entry," Steven Van Gucht, virologist and federal spokesperson for the coronavirus epidemic in Belgium, told Live Science previously.

In a recent report published online in the preprint journal medrXiv, Hualan Chen of Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, the Chinese Academy of Agriculture Sciences, described how SARA-CoV-2 was transmitted between cats in their respiratory droplets. Another paper, also published in medrXiv, found that of 102 cats tested in Wuhan, nearly 15% had antibodies to the virus, suggesting they can contract the virus from humans or other cats. No evidence has been found that cats can transmit the virus to humans, the authors of both studies noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread