Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,

There are some weird bugs doing the rounds at present, some of which are scarily like COVID. One of my work colleagues had been fine until a few days ago, then started feeling really rough. Said his chest felt like an elephant was standing on it, and so painful that it kept him awake at night. He also had a slight fever. Managed to get tested which came back negative.
I hope your current affliction is something similar to my colleague. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark

Yeah, I'm not too crazily worried, I just want to know for the family. Unless I get severe symptoms, I will treat this like a bad bug. Stay away from my family, drink fluids and take over the counter.

Fever still rising though.

Chris it's not close and they do charge but it is legit and results come in 24 hours -
BRANSON, MO. -- There is now another option for COVID-19 testing in the Ozarks, as a local clinic is offering a test with a one-day turn around.

branson+covid+testing.jpg

Ozark Valley Medical Clinic is offering the tests at their clinics in Branson and Ozark.

On April 2, the clinic in Branson set-up a testing tent outside of their clinic on West 76 County Boulevard. At first, many people were asking about the legitimacy of the site.

"I said 'Honey, look at that COVID 19 tent over there, it doesn't even look legit,'" Clark Timberlake said. "That sure looks not right."

However, the health department assures the public that the coronavirus testing is on the up-and-up.

"We do things by the book. That's just how you do things. We care and our history shows we care," Ozark Valley Medical Clinic Owner Dr. Trisha Derges said.

Dr. Derges learned that the clinic needed a city permit to test out of the tent. So, they have removed the tent. Patients now just pull up to the clinic, call the office, and the doctor comes curbside. Dr. Derges says the doctors won't deny patients who are showing any symptoms the testing.

Hugh, is it true that some patients turn out negative with the RT-PCR and than appear positive with the scan? I heard this from friends at the Rotterdam hospital. Not sure what the story I'd behind that. Are these really Corona patients? I would think the PCR would be more reliable.
The swab is only about 75% sensitive. There's been cases that have been treated as corona that have had 3 negative swabs before a positive one (but still been treated as corona). CAT scans are better at looking for the underlying inflammation caused by the virus on the lungs and have shown the characteristic changes without symptoms or swabs.

I just talked to the Dr. Due to lack of coronavirus tests in our area I will not be tested.

Self isolate for 7 to 14 days.

If I get breathing problems call back again.
Tower to Chris: You are not cleared for departure.
How goddamn stupid can people be?
<Humanity>Ummm... Hold my beer.</Humanity>

Thanks.So far, other than the fever, aches, and chills I do not feel all to bad. Hopefully it stays mild like this. Dr. thinks it's likely Corona, but know way to confirm without a test.

So I just take it day at a time, and hope I am one of the mild ones.

ATTENTION:
EMPLOYEE NOTICE
Due to the current financial situation caused by the Corona Virus and slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.
This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).
Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).
Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).
A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.
Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).
Persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.
Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive SHIT (Special High Intensity Training). The Government has always prided itself on the amount of SHIT it gives to its citizens.
Should you feel that you are not receiving enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your immediate supervisor, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.
Sincerely,
The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)
PS - Due to Corona Virus, recent budget cuts, the rising cost of utilities and current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

My wife (registered nurse) had flu-like symptoms recently and was tested for Corona. When on the phone with the Corona virus 'hot line' she asked if until the result was known should I stay home. Their advice was, provided we "stay away from each other" and I'm asymptomatic, I can continue to work.

Hmmm.....

My wife (registered nurse) had flu-like symptoms recently and was tested for Corona. When on the phone with the Corona virus 'hot line' she asked if until the result was known should I stay home. Their advice was, provided we "stay away from each other" and I'm asymptomatic, I can continue to work.

Hmmm.....

Ridiculous. That is why we cannot get ahead of this (despite our ridiculously late response to it). People and our leaders do not take social distancing serious, or the virus (just look at some of the posters here). The lockdowns/shutdown is a joke. The only essential places that should be open are grocery stores, hospitals and clinics, law enforcement, fire departments, and gas stations.

Home Depot or Lowes for instance are not "essential", yet go drive past one and the parking lot is full.

People need to stay home. The sooner we figure that out, the sooner we can try and get back to something resembling normalcy. Sure people can still get it. Look at me, I have only been to the grocery store once in the last 24 days, and I seem to have gotten it, but numbers will be drastically reduced.

Something I came across in my readings. What do you guys think?

"at the2 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, scientists say they may have found one already. What's more, is that their findings show their supposed treatment can be rolled out rapidly to reduce the spread of the virus. The delivery system is not one injection, but in a fingertip-sized patch containing 400 "microneedles" (via NY Post):

The researchers announced their findings Thursday and believe the vaccine could be rolled out quickly enough to "significantly impact the spread of disease," according to their study published in EBioMedicine.

The vaccine would be delivered on a small, fingertip-sized patch. When tested on mice, the vaccine produced enough antibodies believed to successfully counteract the virus.
I heard something about this, if I recall the small microneedles weren't really for vaccination, but a means of determining who's vaccinated using a new technology called quantum-dots.

The lockdowns/shutdown is a joke. The only essential places that should be open are grocery stores, hospitals and clinics, law enforcement, fire departments, and gas stations.
Hey, I've been sitting at home the whole time.
Home Depot or Lowes for instance are not "essential", yet go drive past one and the parking lot is full.
They're morons, but so are all the people buying toilet paper by the ton (Wouldn't you go with rice, beans, peanut butter, jugs of distilled water, gatorade first? After all without food, you don't really need the toilet paper...)

I figure this would burn out fairly fast if there was no host. It can't last long outside the human body, so you just deprive it of a host and it will simply go away.

My entire body aches, elevated temperature and the chills. They still won't test though because I have not reached the magical 100.4 temp.

Same with my son in law and then when he eventually got a video consult with his doctor after having coughing fits for over a week it only took seconds before he had one of his coughing fits and they you got it and prescribed medication to reduce the cough. He is starting to recover but if he had been on the medication a week earlier would be much better. He has never had an elevated temperature.

I suggest the moment you get a cough get a video consult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back