Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
633586DB-255D-4CEB-9B1B-BA26FB6985E9.jpeg

Italian report, 5 p.m. (CEST), today
cases 119,827, new 4,585, deaths 14,681, new 766, recovered 19,758, new 1,480, tests 619,849, new 38,617
fatality rate 12.3%
mortality rate 243 per million
test rate 10.3 per thousand
today test rate 640 per million

Hell of a hit-piece.

Basically an op-ed with no investigative work to see WHY the ship does not have Covid cases...
Funny that, because even sat in front of my UK television I have heard someone explaining that its function was NOT to deal with CV=19 but everything else, it is a general hospital ship with operating theatres etc, that seemed perfectly logical to me.

"Doctor, can you prove that none of the patients you have referred to this ship for non-Covid treatment have ever been at any time in the presence of a non-symptomatic Covid carrier?"

"Doctor, can you prove that none of the patients you have referred to this ship for non-Covid treatment have ever been at any time in the presence of a non-symptomatic Covid carrier?"
Aye, there is the rub. As they say, the best laid plans of mice and men, it quickly goes from a "case" in one hospital to being endemic and everywhere.

We have he same issue in UK with testing labs. There are many labs who have "tests" but even from my layman's knowledge they are not suitable. Their labs and procedures are there supposedly testing a swab or sample of blood but not isolated from the technician doing the test. It only takes one technician to have the virus and the whole system is compromised.

Fact checking is free, and usually only takes a few. Don't believe everything you read or see on the internet.

I loved that commercial. We had a manager that was a chronic liar where I was working at the time. We'd be in a meeting and I would say in response to some of his "more choice comments" - I heard it on the internet........he never got it.

There's a lot of asymptomatic infection happening. We've had quite a few completely asymptomatic patients who've had CAT scans and then have been found to be COVID (they are better at diagnosing it that the swabs).
Hugh, is it true that some patients turn out negative with the RT-PCR and than appear positive with the scan? I heard this from friends at the Rotterdam hospital. Not sure what the story I'd behind that. Are these really Corona patients? I would think the PCR would be more reliable.

Minnesota report, April 3
cases 789, recovered 410, hospitalized 156, deaths 22, tested 24,227*
fatality rate 2.8%
mortality rate 3.9 per million
tests rate 4.2 per thousand*
*Test kits are in short supply, and are currently being used only for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back