Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fever has gone down, but the chills have gotten worse. I cannot stop shivering.
Keep an eye on the lungs Chris on 3/3 started what they thought was bronchitis AB's for two weeks ran out three days later pneumonia in the R/lung and now a 4 1/2 weeks later still om AB's (antibiotics) and still using inhalator.I have not had pneumonia in 50yrs strange timing but I never ran a fever or sore throat just that frigg'in cough.

I still don't have a cough fortunately. I honestly don't know what I have. Just have to keep monitoring.

Get well and be safe my friend.

So, people can't get tested, but Tigers can?
One serious problem I could think of is that, when infections use another species as a host, they can mutate: RNA viruses already mutate a lot, and depending on the exact nature of a Tiger's immune system, this could make things worse for all I know.

Do you think there's an odds that it could mutate into something deadlier?

My fever has gone down, but the chills have gotten worse. I cannot stop shivering.
Yikes. Have you had any difficulty breathing?

FWIW cats have their own common coronovirus type. Apparently this novel coronavirus is quite similar to the cat version, and almost a perfect match to the bat version.

So it may not be so surprising that cats can get this virus.

Minnesota report, April 5
cases 935, recovered 451, hospitalized 202, deaths 29, tested 26,777*
fatality rate 3.1%
mortality rate 5.1 per million
tests rate 4.5 per thousand*
*Test kits are in short supply, and are currently being used only for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

Wind will certainly spread the virus particles more than 6ft (then so can a sneeze). The salty environment should counteract that. So there is some truth to it but very hard to prove either way so just follow the prescribed precautions.

I am not having breathing difficulties, but last night was weird. I kept feeling like I would stop breathing, but I wouldn't. My breathing is normal, no shortness of breath, just a weird feeling.

Fever might have broken last night. I don't have one at the moment, but I did take meds last night before bed.

Wind will certainly spread the virus particles more than 6ft (then so can a sneeze). The salty environment should counteract that. So there is some truth to it but very hard to prove either way so just follow the prescribed precautions.
Thanks Hugh - my thoughts as well. As always appreciate your input especially with all the BS being thrown around in the media.

Italy report, 5 p.m. (CEST) today
cases 132,547, new 3,599, deaths 16,523, new 636, recovered 22,837, new 1,022, tests 721,732, new 30,271
fatality rate 12.5%
mortality rate 274 per million
test rate 12 per thousand
today test rate 502 per million

Just been announced that British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has been moved into ICU as the CV-19 symptoms have worsened.
Don't like the guy, but I hope he will be okay.

here 4 weeks of quarantine start to ask its toll It's mostly hard on the kids, with no social contracts which the computer cannot replace. They start to learn that having so much free time is not as fun as it seems to be at first. For me it's easier, I work from home, making a 7:30 to 16:00h workday and actually doing what I do every day at work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread