CORSAIR F4U-4; 1/48, Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks young people for your comments.
I'm glad to greet you in this thread Karl, thank you for showing up.

Once all of GZC was painted, that was the process with the hook ...

The most comfortable way to cover the tip of the hook was with a little tak, previously the ends that would delimit the white and red color of the tube, have Tamiya tape ...

After applying the white, I prepared the masking to apply the red.

... the result of the complete structure ...

A more dry test, verifying that everything is ok ...

... the end of the hook is a bit forced with the edge of the hole (the arrow above), and taking advantage, with a lime I will thin both ends of the hole in the bay (something like what I did to the gates) ...

... a couple more photos ...

And ... the panoramic ...

Well, let's go to sleep for a while, thanks for your visits and comments.

Buenas noches

looking REALLY GOOD!
Amazing techniques to learn.
Keep up the good work mate
Asta luego!
The intention to share the taste for WWII planes and static modeling, is the result of the camaraderie, experience and advice of the large group of members of this forum.
The taste for doing this and progressing in my skills, has been contributed by several.
I'm glad your visit and I appreciate your words ArmouredSpure, and I hope you like the process with this Corsair.
(me gusta tu escritura en español =D&gt

Seguimos en contacto colega.

Luis Carlos

Last edited:
I believe that to have better control, I will try with a convex face jeweler file.
I must do it carefully, because it must be before gluing the fuselage and for better result let it do without the structure of the rim and hook. Now that I do I share photos.
Thanks for the interest Robert; I really appreciate the questions.

Saludos amigo

good day to all!

Yesterday I was left to share these photos, ... this was Diego's work desk finished ...

I must make slight adjustments to adjust the pilot (Diego) comfortably in his seat.
With the painting of the pieces, it is forced a little, ... but with a light sandpaper in the contact areas, it must be solved.

Tell me if I'm right, I think because being a training squadron, airplanes should not have much wear or weathering like a plane in combat, ... am I right?

Because I can also think that they could be old planes that used (I have not really given the time to look for information on the net ); Although for the same reason, they had to keep them in good condition and "clean".

The kit has rockets to ride on the wings, ... did they use them in the version I'm making?

Thanks in advance for your opinions ...

Saludos

Great work L-C. I agree they trainers would likely have been clean. Not sure about the rockets but if they did use them in training there would likely have been some sort of practice round instead of the live stuff in my opinion.

In general, training squadrons kept their aircraft in fairly well kept clean condition. There were exceptions, but in general it is safe to say that training aircraft, even when using older front line aircraft "retired" to the training task they were usually fairly well kept and clean. Worn sometimes, but not as weathered as a front line aircraft would be.

LC .. the answer to your question about these missiles is in the pic you have posted above. If you see more close up you will notice the pylons of the missile launchers on the wing undersides. Here is enlarged part of the shot with marked these pylons..

Thanks Andy, Robert and Wojtek for their timely comments.

It gives me greater certainty, regarding the interior and exterior cleaning of the plane and weathering, it should be "normal" and so light.
It is also valid if they had practices with rockets. In the photo of the recent airplane (color), these pylons do not appear, thanks for clarification W., then I believe that those rockets can be included in my Corsair.

If someone has something else to add, the learning and knowledge of this version enriches the content and I am sure it will be very useful for everyone.

Muchas gracias y saludos

As far as the colour pics are concerned.. please note that these images were taken during an airshow I would say. It results in an unarmed plane rather than a kite with the armament attached. Therefore the B&W shot is more reliable. Also it might be that the Corsair seen in there is just wearing the "uniform" of the particular plane only and doesn't have anything in common with the actual one. BTW.. as memo serves all of the F4U-4s were or could be armed with the HVARs.

Last edited:
I will defer to those more knowledgable here, however I believe practice rockets were at the very least painted in different colors than their actual combat counterparts, so I would suggest looking for reference photos for WW2 era practice rockets. I will have a look myself and see what I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread