Daughter's First GA Flight.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
I got Autumn up today in her first GA airplane flight. For the past few week she's been noticing "airpwanes" flying over and also had her with me at the airport a few times when I was doing side work. We only went around the pattern once, it was a little windy and didn't want to spook her, she also looked tired. When I got back to the hangar and shut down she looked at me and said "Daddy go more!"

Attachments

• Audie's First GA Flight.jpg
    Audie's First GA Flight.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 156
Good one Joe the little 2.3 yr old I inherited now looks up in the sky and can spot and tell the difference between airpwanes and helwicoppers. Keeping the love of aircraft alive

Hey Joe, How old is she?

My daughter is 18 months and she's always looking up at aircraft (started pointing them out to her about a year, mayb earlier). Want to get her up too but don't know if there is an age for the min.

She's not talking yet (getting two languages at once) but she knows what they are.

Open question to the board, should I wait until she can at least talk?

Thanks all! Tim - my daughter is just over 2 years old. Once it seemed she recognized an airplane and that they do fly I felt it was OK to get her in the air. She has flown commercial but she was much younger.

I taxied out slow and did a few ground runs making sure the noise wasn't going to spook her. She didn't want to wear headsets but the plane I flew was relatively quite. Once airborne her eyes got a big as saucers and she started saying "fieing."

Thanks all! Tim - my daughter is just over 2 years old. Once it seemed she recognized an airplane and that they do fly I felt it was OK to get her in the air. She has flown commercial but she was much younger.

I taxied out slow and did a few ground runs making sure the noise wasn't going to spook her. She didn't want to wear headsets but the plane I flew was relatively quite. Once airborne her eyes got a big as saucers and she started saying "fieing."

Cool man, thanks for the info. Didn't have a reference point. You're info helps.

"Fieing..." very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back