"Davy Crockett" Actor Fess Parker Dies at 85

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ToughOmbre

Senior Master Sergeant
Mar 18, 2007
Jersey Shore, USA
Actor Fess Parker, who became every baby boomer's idol in the 1950s and launched a craze for coonskin caps as television's Davy Crockett, died Thursday of natural causes. He was 85.

Sad day for me, Davy was one of my 1950s heroes (and still is). :(

TO

Attachments

• FessParker_doomsday_604x341.jpg
    FessParker_doomsday_604x341.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,695
I really enjoyed watching him in his tv spot as Daniel Boone and in the Disney movies as Davy Crockett. Use to have a toy flint lock musket and moccasin boots now that I think of it. Its sad when your childhood heros pass and we are left with what we have today. His generation really was the greatest generation and they will be sorely missed.:angel10::salute:

I loved his stuff when i was a kid.. sorry he's gone

but why did he have to play both Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone?! That confused the hell outta me for years!

Yep, had the fake leather jacket with tassles. I always wanted a BB gun built like a flintlock. I don't think they ever made one.

Attachments

• Ballad Of Davy Crockett-Bill Hayes short .mp3
    209.9 KB · Views: 199
How many of you guys collected the Davy Crockett series of trading cards? I had 100s of them back in the day. They are worth a lot of money (depending on condition).

I was buying and selling them on ebay until a few years ago. Sold the No.1 "orange back" for $100; original cost was one cent. And the green backs are going for more!

TO

Attachments

• davy-001a.jpg
    davy-001a.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,720
  • davy-001b.jpg
    davy-001b.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 521
  • davy020a.jpg
    davy020a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 714
  • davy020b.jpg