Declare Ur Submissions For Group Build #2, PTO...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm in. I'll build a 1/48th Hasegawa Hurricane IIb I've got sitting on the shelf. Its going to be one flown by Flight Sgt Terrence Kelly of 258 Sqd, author of "Hurricane Over the Jungle" and "Battle For Palembang".

Slaterat

Sounds good Slat'. Does any company do a decent Hurricane IIC in 1/48th?

I Have an 1/48 Hase Hurri MK IIC, it is very good,

The kit have a lot of detais, the cockpit is complete, and the panel lines are engraved. The joint of the fuselage are so good, with a dry fit you can see that any putty is needed.

My kit is on the box, if you want I can do some pics of the parts and post here.

I don´t do it until now because I can´t find a good camo scheme ...

Thanks for the info Lucke. I'm considering a Hurricane IIC for the MTO build when it starts - this kit sounds like it'll do the job!

Attachments

• Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC.jpg
    Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 55
i'm thinking of dropping the corsair and just doing my P-47N

i'd still love to do an FAA corsair but for what i'd pay for the decals i can get an extra Tamiya 1/48 kit from modelhobbies

the're doing some japenese aircraft for £8.10 and i think i might get a couple of those rather than just one kit and a set of decals, looking at an A6m2 zero, a J2M3 raiden or a Ki84-IA hayate !

i could enter one of those if i get the P-47 finished and have enough time left i suppose

Attachments

• TA61016.jpg
    TA61016.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 64
  • TA61018.jpg
    TA61018.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 64
  • TA61013.jpg
    TA61013.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 58
Raised panel lines? So what? That's the way it used to be - a light rub-down, some good paintwork and voila! It's the accuracy of the kit outline that counts, and the panel lines can always be totally removed if neccessary. After all, how many panel joints (on a particular aircraft type) are actually visible at a scale range of thirty feet (7.5 inches in 1/48th)?
Of course, we all prefer the finesse of engraved detail, but never let a simple thing like raised detail put you off a kit - the work turning it into a scale replica is the thing that really makes the model.

At £8 these days for a decent, or even half decent, 1/48th kit, I'd snap 'em up! I'm going to try a couple of the SMER 1/48th kits - the most expensive is just over £7!!! And there's a particular old Lindbergh kit, (ex Inpact), that I've been looking for for ages, at around £7, that'll be going in the stash, just as soon as the 'hole in the wall' allows me to place a worthwhile order - saves on the shipping cost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back