Declare Ur Submissions For Group Build #2, PTO...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Gents, the time is here.... Please use this thread to declare what u will be adding to the PTO Group Build....

Heres my entry, a Tribute to one of my Heros........

The 1/32nd Trumpter F4U-1D, backdated to an F4U-1A... This aircraft, BuNo 17873, was flown by my Grandfather, Lt. Bill Case, during VMF-214's First Tour, from Munda Airfield on New Georgia in September, 1943....

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Corsair%20873.jpg
    Corsair%20873.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 160
i all most got cash for a USS yorktown F4U-4 corsair if I get i will make it so put me on for it

Does this qualify in terms of timescale? - I know it is very close to the end of the War:

Airfix 1/48 Seafire L.IIIc, 887 NAS, FAA, HMS Indefatigable, South West Pacific Fleet, August 1945.

Please shout if this is not OK, I can build the same kit as an Aussie Spit Vc in NG, October 1944, if needs be...

According to Squadron/Signal no.145 'F4U Corsair in action':

'The F4U-4 was first flown on 20 september 1944 and was accepted by the Navy during October of 1944. First used by the Marines, the F4U-4 entered combat in April 1945.'

Dan, no offence, and I know you're just keen, but isn't it the responsibility of the judges to announce the builds and remind people of photo requirements? It kind of rubs off wrong coming from one of the competitors, mod or not.

For the record though, I'm entering with one of the following:

Lockheed Hudson GR.III (converted Italeri (MPM) Mk.IV/V, 1:72) , or
Douglas C-47B Dakota (conv. Italeri C-47 Skytrain, 1:72)

Whether competitively or not is TBA, depending on result. I am my own worst critic.

I will be entering the same as Dan, except I'll be converting it to a -1. It'll go something like this:

1/32 Trumpeter F4U Mk II of 757 Sqn, HMS Unicorn, June 1944

And possibly, depending on time, the 1/350th Trumpeter USS Franklin.

I'll be doing a 1/48 SBD-2 from an Accurate Minatures SBD-1 kit. I'll have to modify as per a -2 model. I hope to represent one of the Dauntless squadrons from the US carriers at Midway, June 1942.

The kit was started by my father before he passed away. He had started to paint the interior ( aluminum as the SBD-1s were) and I hope to complete and compete. Don't know anything much about PTO aircraft so this will definately be a learning experience.

and I will be entered in Category 2.

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 150
Just to let everybody know, I will now be involved in this Build as a Judge, and for all the follow on Builds... Terry decided to invite me into the fold and I humbly accepted....

So now I wont be rubbing anybodys panties raw when I do something to make this experience better for all involved....

OOH! There's going to be some action and nice models in this GB!
Just look at the possibilities - there are around 30 allied COMBAT aircraft types alone, and I haven't a clue as to the diversity of Japanese types, then there's the transports etc.
BT, yes your Seafire is OK, it was part of the Pacific Fleet before wars end.
Just to let you all know, the full rules for this, and subsequent Group Builds, will be posted, in PDF format, on Easter Sunday (British Summer Time, depending on what time I get out of my pit!).
Guidelines for this build, giving dates, areas of operation etc, will be posted as a separate PDF no later than Sunday, 19th April. Where required or neccessary, all future GB's will have guidelines issued in advance, in order to minimize confusion or misunderstanding.
As you will have seen from the above posts, Dan (Lesofprimus), as befits his position as a 'mod', is now on the judging panel, effective as of the PTO build.
There's method in my madness - he can do some of the shifting around of threads etc!!
BTW, my (non competing) entry, for now, will be a 1/48th scale FAA Avenger II; more details later.

Hello everyone, I will be entering my 1/48 Revell P-61 Black Widow. It will be modeled after the box-art, or version 'B' Snuffy Smith. Here is some info of the plane I am modeling.

"Times'A'Wastin", was the plane of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith and his R/O, Lt Philip Porter.Maj. "Snuffy" Smith was the highest ranking American nocturnal ace in World War II with the total of 7 kills. Four of them were achieved in this plane during the course of one night, December 29, 1944, when he shot down two Irvings, one Rufe, and one Frank, expending only 382 rounds!!!

Attachments

• PICT0767.JPG
    PICT0767.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 169
Hello everyone, I will be entering my 1/48 Revell P-61 Black Widow. It will be modeled after the box-art, or version 'B' Snuffy Smith. Here is some info of the plane I am modeling.

"Times'A'Wastin", was the plane of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith and his R/O, Lt Philip Porter.Maj. "Snuffy" Smith was the highest ranking American nocturnal ace in World War II with the total of 7 kills. Four of them were achieved in this plane during the course of one night, December 29, 1944, when he shot down two Irvings, one Rufe, and one Frank, expending only 382 rounds!!!

I have one of those. Very neat model! Watch the tail glass though.

Accurate Miniatures SBD-3 Dauntless as Stanley W. Vejtasa's "White 5", from his famous engagement at the Battle of Coral Sea.... (am I right this time Dan?).

And Tamiya's F4F-4 Wildcat as "13" of Fighting Squadron Three (VF-3), (Bureau # 5244). As flown by the squadron
Executive Officer, Lieutenant (Junior Grade) William N. Leonard on combat air patrol, during the morning of 4 June 1942, Battle of Midway.

This one, the numbers seem to be white on the wings and fuselage, is that correct or am I seeing things?

Attachments

• g312016.jpg
    g312016.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Back