Declare Ur Submissions For Group Build #2, PTO...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i'm doing a revell 1/48 P-47 N 2 BIG AND TOO HEAVY of 333rd Fs - 318th Fg Ie shima may 1945

and a tamiya 1/48 corsair JT634 13-7/P 1834 Sqn HMS Victorious Pacific, but this might change to an out of box corsair if i cant get the decals Cory found for me

Attachments

• RE04513_main.jpg
    RE04513_main.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 48041-02.jpg
    48041-02.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 31
Maglar, a friend tried to make that P-61 and butcher'd and then gave it to me so if you need any parts, just holler. I was gonna throw it out but won't now. Mostly the guy got alot of fuselage on his glue! But other parts are still there.

Maglar, a friend tried to make that P-61 and butcher'd and then gave it to me so if you need any parts, just holler. I was gonna throw it out but won't now. Mostly the guy got alot of fuselage on his glue! But other parts are still there.
Will do... it seems to sound like a problem kit amongst everyone, maybe I should just enter my PBY/OA Catalina? hmm

Far as I know, the P61's were finished in gloss black, certainly in Europe anyway. They might have been matt black in the PTO though, so you'd need to do a bit of research.
The kit should be OK, you just have to remember that it's originally a Monogram kit from the 1970's, so the moulds will have seen some hammer!

After reading the above, I cracked open my Catalina box and it has recessed panel lines and seems more recent. Scratch me for the P-61, I will be entering the PBY/OA -10A Catalina "AFB Hamilton" Version. Here it is, and if you want to see the in-box parts check page 112 of the "New Purchases" thread. :D

Attachments

• PICT0515.JPG
    PICT0515.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 68
Cool Jan, maybe you can post some pics of the cockpit instructions. My kit is the SBD-1 which I have to modify to a -2 which, I believe, had added rear guns. So I need to see how the placement was. The SBD-3 IIRC was up-gunned and enhanced electrical, so it will give me an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back