**** DONE: 1/32 N1K2-J Shiden-Kai - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Wayne, another fine lesson plan here.

Question tho. I've gone back and reviewed the painting you have done. Citadel Mithril Silver base, then camo over. Then did you chip back on the camo color? What paint did you use for the camo color? Did it flake off pretty easy?

When I did the reallly weathered Brewster I used Tamiya rattle can silver under and XF Tamiya over and it came off pretty easy when I chipped it. Same same?

Hey Bill, no I didn't chip back the Green Camo which is a Tamiya paint mix, used a Silver pencil, I have found that the tamiya paints don't necessarilly come off the Mithril silver easily and the pencil gives me more control over the chipping effect in any case.

Silver undercoat is for brightness then?

Well sort of...it helps with my painting style to bring out the light and dark mottled camo effect that I apply, not necessarily for the chipping effect. when I want the brightness of new chipping I will apply the silver with a fine brush as the Silver pencil provides a slightly less bright result.

Ok some more progress...White section of the fuselage Hinomaru carefully cut and fitted against the Yellow stripe on both sides, the small weight indicator colour blocks on the lower undercarriage cover and the brake lines formed for the undercarriage legs.

Attachments

• 120_White Decal applied_3337.jpg
    120_White Decal applied_3337.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 121_White Decal applied_3341.jpg
    121_White Decal applied_3341.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 122_Brake Lines_3370.jpg
    122_Brake Lines_3370.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 123_Undercarriage decals_3374.jpg
    123_Undercarriage decals_3374.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 87
Very nice Wayne. I noticed this time that you just glossed where the decals will go.

At that point yes, rest of it has been glossed for the most part now...wanted to get a start on them first decals...now with more gloss and more decals..:D

The red fuselage Hinomaru markings were also carefully cut to sit against the yellow stripe and also sit exactly in the middle of the white surround....managed to get one perfect first time the other one minor extra edge cut and it sat just right on the second try, then much later the white 15's were added. A lot of the stencil markings are in fact visible in the primary photo.

Attachments

• 124_Fuselage Decals_3382.jpg
    124_Fuselage Decals_3382.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 125_Fuselage Decals_3384.jpg
    125_Fuselage Decals_3384.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 126_Fuselage Decals_3385.jpg
    126_Fuselage Decals_3385.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 127_Fuselage Decals_3387.jpg
    127_Fuselage Decals_3387.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 128_All Decals_3391.jpg
    128_All Decals_3391.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
There is no word in English to express waht I want to say. So I'm using a Polish one.... Cudnie !!!!! :cool:

Wojtek, there are lots of them but they've already been used 250 times already, so, #251: absolutely superb Wayne, true artistry.
On the "kill" markings, bombers and fighters I see but the red dots? what do they signify?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back