**** DONE: 1/40 Grumman F-14 "Tomcat" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just found out I have the winning bid, on eBay, for a three balsa/tissue flying model set. I got a T-28 "Trojan", a Ju-87b "Stuka" and a Grumman TBF "Avenger" for $27.48 (usd). Theses are all Guillows 500 series models, and cost about $16.00 each at the LHS. Woot Woot !!

If my Hellcat don't come in soon, I just might do the Avenger for this GB

Charles

This was not at all what I expected when I clicked on the link but damn if this isn't cool. I like this and can't wait to see more.

Here's where we are at the end of the modelling day, Friday. All the fuselage stringers are on except a couple that go on after the intakes are installed. Now there is lots of sanding to do, and three or four coats of clear dope to put on, prior to covering with tissue. First pic is topside, second is bottom-side.

The intakes are just sitting there, to be installed after some of the fuselage covering is on.

I must say... in the Carrier GB, I don't see much construction.....

Dirk: Per your request...

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2576.JPG
    DSC_2576.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2577.JPG
    DSC_2577.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks, Lads...

Took me 65 minutes to cut out the ribs, pin and glue the starboard wing. SWMBO wants the table to serve lunch, so I'll resume later this afternoon. After the wings come the tail feathers, while I'm sanding and doping the fuselage.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2584.JPG
    DSC_2584.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back