**** DONE: 1/48 B-17G Flying Fortress - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brilliant start Boats………………how many pots of paint did that take!!!

b0227.gif

Ahoy Fellas
Again a very Hardy thank you for all of you great fellows, old boats is always honored......... sorry for not keeping up with the build I had one hell of a honey do list a huge spring cleaning I had to keep mama happy if not she will take away my glue.........

Okay picking up after I left off still have more work inside the fuselage before it is closed off... After the chromate green has dried to touch I gave all of the interior parts a wash of black paint letting the wash to dry over night I will go back and touch up some areas with my airbrush using aain chromate green then I will add the throttle quadrants amnd the windows will be added. I noticed on the kit the original molds of the first released B-17 in 1975 wasn,t used so they must have used their visible B-17 that explains on the right side of the fuselage has all of the detail molded in and the left is bland as hospital chow........... I am fresh out of kitchen foil and I have three bottles of olive drab on my model shelf my ads well use up the olive drab there will be a change of paint schedule instead od natural aluminum I go ahead and do the Chowhound looking at the kit the molds are beginning to show their age a lot of the detail on this kit is lost because of wear and tear on the molds perhaps some day Monogram Revell will retool the kit still the best B-17 on the market here is the update pictures more will follow tomorrow.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 71
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 71
Well, I just have to say that you are a master of many media, I know that I am not the only one here that has been amazed at your paper creations.
Rock on, my friend!

Good stuff Boats. I remember having to add all the ribs and frames to one fuselage half, a I'd converted mine to the large, one-piece staggered waist windows, allowing a view of the interior - darned long job!

Hey. Boats,
I loved that kit. That was the 1st kit to get me really into detailing and building far more seriously. It was Shep Paine's booklet that hooked me! I am looking forward to watching this build. Foil finish, hey? That will damned interesting to watch. I tried that years ago and gave up on the B-29 kit. just never figured out the glue scheme with foil.
Dale

Great work Boats!

Got the Revell 1:48 B-17F myself, adapted from the Monogram 'G I believe. Might be my 'Nose Art GB' entry.

Got some spare Verlinden B-17G parts if you need them, incl. bomb bay doors and Cheyenne tail turret with perspex frame work, etc. Drop us your address in a PM if you need them.

Last edited:
Great work Boats! I remember going to K-Mart as a kid and looking at that kit sitting on the shelf, saving my money until I could buy one. I think it was 7 or 8 bucks at the time. I finally saved up enough and I think its still somewhere in the basement.

Ahoy
Thank fellas for your replies this kit has been in production since 1975 and has never stopped still to this day a excellent kit. There is so much out there in the after market parts department that can be added to spruce this kit up a notch or two............ AD4 has just posted on the build that he has some extra parts I know I can use them so I will slow down the build a little until I receive the parts...... You fellas are the best bunch of fellows on the planet if the whole world was like you guys we would have a better world and a peaceful one at that..........

Okay fellas finished up on the interior painting of the B-17 I am glad I did not elect to glue the fuselage halfs together the bomb bay will be removed next glad I dry installed the bomb bay rack....... all of the completed sub assembly sections are not glued to the fuselage my inner soul told me not to glue anything down yet so next along with the removal of the two bomb bay doors I will construct other parts..... Its been a long time since I built this kit there is something about this kit a modeler cant get enough of Thank you Revell monogram for still produceing this kit...........Okay fellas here are the updater pictures of the B-17 this is going to be a time consuming build here she is fellows.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 71
  • PICT0004.JPG