**** DONE: 1/48 B-17G Flying Fortress - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fantastic Boats!

Don't cut out the bomb bay doors till the PE fret arrives -thick Verlinden PE that has to be formed on the kit doors while in place.

Fantastic Boats!

Don't cut out the bomb bay doors till the PE fret arrives -thick Verlinden PE that has to be formed on the kit doors while in place.

Ahoy Evan
Thank you very much Dear Sir, Okay I will do that I will wait I already took out the bomb rack and the other sub assembly parts so now the fuselage is bare, Thanks Evan Sir you are the Man.

Boats

Two weeks Boats, you've gotten a lot done in that time. It's lookin pretty nice.
Good to get a heads up from Evan, every little bit helps.

Great stuff Boats. Don't know if you've fixed the bombardier compartment bulkhead, but the hatch in it was covered by a curtain. Cutting this out and adding a bit or rolled and painted foil or paper, for the curtain, let's in a bit more light and looks good through the nose cone.

Very nice Boats! Are the bomb bay interior parts aftermarket or scratch built? It's been awhile since I built this one , but I thought I remember it being empty.

Ahoy
Back in the pilots seat, Evan pm me this morning and told me that there is a ban on sending metal parts at his post office also a fear of being destroyed while being shipped... So I elected to go ahead and detail my own bomb bay Evan is sending me a photo copy of the pe bomb bay door I can use them as reference I have a couple good B-17 walk arounds they too will help. Okay I opened up and removed the two bomb bay doors from the fuselage haves using a saw first I scored the separation lines with a exacto blade and then followed suit with the razor saw. There are 6 hinge slots where the bomb bay attached to the fuselage bottom, they were cut out using a small file to square out the slots. next I will touch up the bomb bay area and go ahead and close up the fuselage. I am glad I did not glue anything down this procedure would be difficult with the interior parts glued in.

The bomb bay doors are saved I took great care making certain they were not destroyed during the cutting event. The interior details will be modeled in later after assembly. Here is the update build report fellas sorry for not keeping up with the build.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 95
:D
Great start Boats. Like many others, I built this kit decades ago after my re-entry into modeling though I don't recall the lack of detail on the port side. A ban on shipping P.E., what a world. (Here is a link to the reasoning behind this ban.)Government - Ministry for National Economy - News

Geo

Ahoy Geo
Thank you very much for your reply the build will take shape in no time. Man this is insane I would love to know what think tank these knuckleheads came from don't them dumb clucks understand these are model parts for us modelers . What a world Evan gave me his sundays best and tried its one of those stupid things in life we have to deal with anyway nothing lost This is a old kit in 1978 Monogram came out with their visible B-17 they must had scuttled the original right side of the fuselage and kept the visible right fuselage half. This explains why there is detail on one side and the other is not... Thanks Geo for your reply I am honored.

Boats:lol::lol::D:D:D

Great work Boats, and interesting post Geo.

Official post office reason is post- 9/11 restrictions (rather paranoia IMO), and I've personally had packages destroyed already, without notice to myself nor the company sending. I have a very strong opinion on this subject... :evil:

Photocopy's on it's way today or tomorrow Boats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back