**** DONE: 1/48 Beaufighter Mk.21 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, I going to see what I can do to sort those engines today, probably botch it but will have a go.

Michael,

If your referring to the main undercarriage struts and then the added hydraulic piping, I used Model Master 2062 for the struts and a slightly lighter shade for the fixed piping. The flexible piping used for the breaks into the wheels and up into the wheel bay is Model Master 1403. For the tyres I use Vallejo Panzer paints, this one being dark rubber, number 306.

I was going to say not to go to any trouble Terry as It was just my curiosity at work, but Even has come to the rescue. Thanks Mate and I must say the kit part is nothing like these two bits, see ringed parts on your pic.

234408.jpg

...And yep, very simplified version of those ducts, but you can see what they were aiming at. Anyone know the function?

Oh... these two ducts were the jettison fuel hoses. They ended with the short pipes (nozzles ) at the rear bottom areas of engine nacelles. The valves of the system are marked with no.15 in the diagram below....

jettison valves.jpg

Wojtek me ol mate, you're an absolute marvel. That lump of plastic arrowed in red is what has been puzzling me and obviously is nothing like the real thing. I'm not going to change it though, it's not worth it stuck back there at the top of the wheel bay. However it does answer another question as to what the little piece at the bottom and back of the engine and undercarriage bay is. It must be a fuel vent outlet so I've jumped in with both feet and recessed a small hole in it. Hope I'm right.

20130606-1c.jpg

The engines have had the work over that I mentioned earlier with the following result. Better than before I think, but not my best.

20130606-1b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back