**** DONE: 1/48 Beaufighter Mk.21 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Misty morning again today and cold by my standards, had a wee frost last night but this did not deter me from nipping out to the shed and finishing the spraying. Had to take the machine out covered in a box to keep the moisture off.

So now she is all sprayed up and the next job is the decaling, but I'll have to get a bit of gloss on her first.

20130610-1a.jpg

20130610-1b.jpg

Paul, after reading your Ju 87 post and you having a go at painting the panel lines, it spurred me on to doing the same with this machine. In this instance I hand painted a darker green over the panel lines and then over sprayed the whole plane with the true colour. The darker lines could still be seen quite clearly under the first overspray so on my second true colour spray I first of all gave the panel lines a spray and then did an all over spray. The result is what you see with some destination of colour along the panel lines.

Last edited:
Hey, Vic,
That is a lovely job so far. I do have a couple of questions:
1) How did you mask off the gear bays?
2) Any niggling issues with the kit during the build? I ask as I have a couple of Tamiya Beaus in the stack. Anything in particular to watch out for?

Thanks!

Dale

Thanks for looking in guys, very much appreciated.

Hey, Vic,
That is a lovely job so far. I do have a couple of questions:
1) How did you mask off the gear bays?
2) Any niggling issues with the kit during the build? I ask as I have a couple of Tamiya Beaus in the stack. Anything in particular to watch out for?

So far Dale this kit has gone together without a hitch, all parts fitted together very snug though fitting the undercarriage leg parts together is a little fiddly, but then again what undercarriage fittings are not.

As for masking the wheel bay, in this instance I did not. As you will see from the instructions which tell you the wheel bay roof, struts, doors and wheels can be fitted as one complete assembly (yet to be proven). For my part I just painted the inner walls the internal green and didn't bother to mask when doing the main surface spary. But if you want, you can just maskol or tape off the internal side walls very easily.

Many thanks guys. Not much achieved today but did sort out the business part of the machine. Rockets all done with little pig tails ready for connecting beside the launch rails and the little connection plugs mounted on the wing.

20130612-1a.jpg

20130612-1b.jpg

That will be it from me for a few days, am off down south (Melbourne), bit of a family visit and a 60th birthday celebration as well as taking in a live show.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back