**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109G-4/R6 "Yellow 11" of 13.(Slow)/JG 52 Eastern Front GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Much appreciated guys. Pics below of the wheel struts. Still scratching my head on the covers, whether or not they're backwards. Should have it sorted tonight.

Attachments

• 110419 Wheel Struts.jpg
    110419 Wheel Struts.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 124
Nice work Andy, and good to see you've added the leather gaiters, most modellers paint the oleos, possibly basing them on restored aircraft where the gaiters are missing. As for the doors, far as I remember, the short edge of the bottom of the door should face the rear, so looks like you got them right. Try lining them up with the wheel wells - that should show if they're correct.

..... As for the doors, far as I remember, the short edge of the bottom of the door should face the rear, so looks like you got them right. Try lining them up with the wheel wells - that should show if they're correct.

But that's just it. The brake lines were on the front of the stut and that's where the short edge is. However, I've figured this out. The issue isn't really the short edge vs long, it's the fact that the parts aren't molded with the struts centered in the circular part of the cover and they should be. I confirmed this by comparing with the covers on my unbuilt Hasegawa G-6. If I mount the tires on the hubs, one edge of the tires will protrude beyond the covers, even if I reverse them. The correct fix would be to take off material on the back round edge and add material to the front but I don't think I'm going to go there. Once the tires are on, it's less noticeable and yes, I will learn to live with it.

Did I just say that? My therapy must be working!

I'll be there on the 18.30 hrs flight on Friday - pick me up at the airport. (in the bar, of course!).
Oh, and no ice, that's for wooftahs - and certainly no water - they put that in it when they make it !!

You bet mate. Exactly how I like it too!

Oh, yes, the model. Coat of Future has gone on so no progress shots tonight. Nice long 4 day weekend coming up so I may get her done...I just have to sand out that finger print I left on the bottom of the wing in the wet Future. Should have done this before I had the two pails of red wine for supper tonight....Hic!!

Looks and sound as though you're coping Andy even with the single malt which reminds me, I've a nice bottle of 'Bowmore Islay' tucked away somewhere. You also twigged a memory, I'd seen that gaiters should go on one of my builds, would you believe it's the 190 that's all done and dusted apart from the judges pics. Too late now so I guess I'm going to have to live with it.

Decals are on.

Seen below are top and bottom overall shots and close-ups of the side crosses and codes. The home made yellow 11's turned out OK although the black outline decals of the 'ones' didn't turn out very crisp. I had to carefully go over a couple of areas with a very fine tip permanent marker which I'll allow to thoroughly dry before putting another coat of Future down to seal the decals. As you can see, I've also installed the tail wheel.

Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

• 110422 Side Decals Right.jpg
    110422 Side Decals Right.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 110422 Bottom Decals.jpg
    110422 Bottom Decals.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 110422 Top Decals.jpg
    110422 Top Decals.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 110422 Side Decals Left.jpg