**** DONE: 1/48 Blackburn Roc – Sqn Ldr Clark RAF. BofB Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic....ugly mother but interesting none the less....:D

Agree...............
hahaha-024.gif

Started on the Roc late yesterday, just general cleaning up bits and decided that the best place to start would be on the engine. First thing I noticed was the oil cooling pipes that fit in front of the radial engine, they were just solid little lumps of plastic.

1-B1 Oil Cooler Inlet Pipe.jpg

1-B2 Oil Cooler Inlet Pipe.jpg

The solid lumps of plastic. These I have drilled out to make them look more like the horns they are.

1-B3 Engine parts.jpg

The whole engine parts, some given an initial coat of paint, I will do a bit of assembly and possibly weathering tomorrow. The modified oil cooling pipes are on the bottom left, though the drilled out centre is hard to see.

Nice work mate. All you need to do now, is drill-out the cylinders, make some pistons and push rods, then find the correct grade, 'in scale', oil, and .............

Thanks guys, sad to say though the engine is still in bits, rather dirty looking bits at that. Other duties prevented a build today bu8t there is always tomorrow.

Nice work mate. All you need to do now, is drill-out the cylinders, make some pistons and push rods, then find the correct grade, 'in scale', oil, and .............

No problems Terry, I've got the oil (to scale).............pinched it from the sewing machine and was thinking of putting in some plug leads and such, but there all at the back and would be hidden, so why bother.

Managed to get the Roc engine together today, it was a bit fiddly but I kind'a like the look of the finished object.

Attachments

• 1-B4 Engine.jpg
    1-B4 Engine.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 1-B5 Engine.jpg
    1-B5 Engine.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 1-B6 Engine.jpg
    1-B6 Engine.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 1-B7 Engine.jpg
    1-B7 Engine.jpg