**** DONE: 1/48 Brewster B-239 - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work so far. I had these cockpit pictures and I thought they might be useful when you start in on it.

Attachments

• Buffalo cockpit 1.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 253
  • Buffalo cockpit 2.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Buffalo cockpit 3.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Buffalo cockpit 4.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 428
  • Buffalo cockpit 5.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 5.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Buffalo cockpit 6.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 6.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 256
  • Buffalo cockpit 7.jpg
    Buffalo cockpit 7.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 304
I think its to prevent glair from the metallic paint. :) It appears to just be painted black, a padded pillow would protrude a little more :)

Great work so far, been following these fantastic builds slowly :)

Look at the last photo, it looks like a slip-on cover, probably thin leather or 'leathercloth'. The head armour is also in the same material, to offer some small comfort. Glare wouldn't be an issue, as the seat is masked by the pilot sitting in it.
Also, the actual seat appears to be in the factory finish, most likely the interior colour or Medium Green, rather than bare metal or painted silver.

Terry,
According to Kari Stenman's books, all the cockpit was aluminium lacquer with black dashboard and sidewalls above the consoles. The green color apparently didn't appears before F2A-2.
Some B-239 had the interior redone in light grey when they went in for maintenance or reparations. In my humble opinion, the armoured seat was grey or aluminium lacquer...

2652228827_d38b1908e5_o.jpg

3398769912_7862cae984_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't disagree there Steph, but in the photos of the aircraft you posted, the seat itself looks darker in all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back