**** DONE: 1/48 Curtis P-36C Hawk – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still trying to draw the color demarcation lines in pencil. Keep losing track of the colors even though I put a W,B T, etc on the different stripes. Should have the pattern laid out some time tonight.

Geo

I'm really hoping there's 6 Andy. :D

P-3627PS001z3a.jpg

Geo

The Wings Pallette site has some color plates of P-35's and P-36's in the camouflage for the war games of '39 and '40. They would suggest that one of the "colors" might be the NMF. I also found a list of colors used on the P-36's that were at the Cleveland air races in 1939, they are, Sand, White, Light Blue, Sea Green, Dark Blue, Dark Green, and Dark Olive. There are also three colors that were mixed, Dark Purple/ Neutral Grey, Neutral Grey/ Black, and, Black/ Rust Brown.

Bahzarre ain't it Paul. One aircraft in a one time scheme with what I count as six colors on it yet there are probably about 15 different colors that I've found. However, none of the color profiles match the above photos.The decal sheet does mention NMF on the gear covers.

Geo

I have to find that site on test aircraft camo, I had one site for a p-51b or c that listed the experimental camo colors :S silar to the Hawk's. If I find it I'll post.

Lines are on, lots of eraser marks. I played with the exposure so the lines would show up. The lines may be moved.

001.JPG

Still debating on the colors.

Geo

Thanks for looking in guys. After pouring over a wide variety of paint schemes, paint options(some pretty exotic) and color photos of other aircraft, I'm going to paint the aircraft in what were then common aircraft colors as much as Paul would love to see orange and lavender on this little beastie.

Geo

Colors are being added to the top. The other two colors will be added once these ones have dried. I hope to have the top done tonight as I leave for camp tomorrow.

005.JPG

Thanks for looking in.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back