**** DONE: 1/48 Curtis P-36C Hawk – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not sure that they ever intended that to be a viable camo scheme, there were a couple of squadrons that went to the Air Races in Cleveland in 1938. I believe it was to catch the eye of the public. The Air Corps boys were struggling for money against the Navy as well as their own "parent", the Army.

Thanks for the comments gentlemen. Not a lot being done at the moment. Just went through a heavy snowfall that lasted until this evening, about 9 inches. I shoveled several times to avoid a major build up. Also, #1 daughter and boyfriend are up from Victoria for an early Christmas and surprisingly for daughter, a marriage proposal.(#2 daughter and boyfriend, from Kamloops, show up next week for their early Xmas(no proposal) but I will be in camp for her entire stay.) They leave on Saturnsday, so I hope to get the topside finished and work on the bottom camo on Sunday. On a plus note, the company has decided that our crew will not work on our last two days of our next tour, the 24th and 25th. On a plusser note, they want the two grader operators, yours truly, to work in case it snows-double time and a half. Merry Xmas, Mr. Taxman.

Geo

Last edited:
Finally finished the top camo. For some reason I had a hard time getting good coverage with the brown and sand. The brown is very old and the bottle of sand was brand new. I'm going to start penciling in the bottom camo tomorrow. It's a wee bit more complicated than the top side.

003.JPG

Packing day and the camp bus leaves at 1630 tomorrow and I'll be back in town Xmas day at 2030. Hope you all have happy holidays and lots of plastic under the tree.

Geo :reindeer:

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn. The sand took about five coats to cover. Even though it was thoroughly stirred, it seemed to be more of a thick wash than paint. It's Gunze Sangyo Aqueous Hobby paint and I've never had trouble brush painting that brand before.

Geo :reindeer:

Good stuff Geo, and have a great Christmas. As for plastic under the tree - if I had a tree, the only plastic under it would be the plastic pine needles!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back