**** DONE: 1/48 Curtiss Hawk 75A-2 - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Vic............... and it Is to hot to do anything. Well, drinking is not out of the question tho.

Thanks me old mate, the fluid has been a'flowin, the windows are now all open to let in the night air, the frigging dogs of the neighbourhood are a'barkin and kids are playing cricket over the road under the shop light making a god awful din……………………………….but hey…………it's Christmas, I'll have another beer!

I've got rum and cke. One of the other teachers gave Annie a recycled funny gift, the cheapest little plastic bottle of rum, and a bottle of coke. Next one will have to be cut with good stuff so it only tastes Haff bad!

Thanks Wayne.

Things moves swiftly today and before I knew it the aerials were being added. So I'm reckoning on being done with this one and here are a few pics to be going on with.

20131221-1a.jpg

20131221-1b.jpg

20131221-1c.jpg

20131221-1d.jpg

20131221-1e.jpg

20131221-1f.jpg

20131221-1g.jpg

I've got rum and cke. One of the other teachers gave Annie a recycled funny gift, the cheapest little plastic bottle of rum, and a bottle of coke. Next one will have to be cut with good stuff so it only tastes Haff bad!
There was a place off base in Okinawa (outside Kadena AB) that ran whiskey and coke specials (3 for $1.50)..... talk about horrible whiskey.... tasted more like rum and coke.

Vic, looking very nice, mate.

Last edited:
Still a ways off Vic, but I thought I'd mention it before you got there. The Hobbycraft P-36 windscreen (and for that matter the early P-40) is molded with braces making for a 3 pane windscreen. This is incorrect for the P-36 and model of Hawk you're building as well as the early P-40's like the one I have in this GB. The wind screen was one piece of curved Plexiglas and there were brace rods inside the Plexiglas that went from the last fuselage frame before the cockpit opening to a horizontal bar at the top of the windscreen. These bars are many times mistaken for the separation between panes. I found that my not painting the lines on the plastic part it gives a good impression of the bars behind the glass

I just came across this thread, first let me say nice build.

But I did want to correct one thing

The P-36 and early P40 windscreen is in three sections of laminated glass...did not use a one piece of curved Plexiglas windscreen.. this is only seen on the restoration

Then original three sections of laminated glass is only still intact on the USAF Museum P-36

Per Pilot's Notes TOMAHAWK I

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZpnRjeAOQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back