**** DONE: 1/48 Hawk H-81-A-2, AVG - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys :)
Here it is after 3 coats of Future. I'm going out of town this weekend so no decals until next week.

P1160588.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, Glenn,
Vert nice!!! 2 questions for you; 1) How did you apply the future? Brush or airbrush? 2) Did you use the new formulation of Future?
Thanks,
Dale

It actually looks better in the picture then it does in real life. If you look t the left wingtip you can see the finish is somewhat 'pebbly' and I will be putting the decals on with wet Future to ensure that I don't get any silvering. Dale, I applied it with a wide fan shaped brush and it is the new formulation Future which in my opinion does not work half as good at the old stuff.

Very nice Glenn. I've still got an old bottle, ½ full, and when I dug it out from the nether reaches of my room I noticed that it had yellowed slightly.

Geo

After a long period of inactivity I thought I'd better get my @ss in gear on this one or I wasn't going to make the deadline. Over the last two days I put on all the decals but the Disney tigers. This will have to wait until I put some fuel staining on the fuselage side that was apparently there before the leaping tiger sticker was applied to the aircraft. All the decals are from the Sky Decal sheet with the exception of the "48"s which I thought had the numbers not bold enough. The decals from the kit seemed to match photos much better so I used them. I read a review somewhere that said that the Sky P-40 sheet had accuracy problems, but other that the thickness of the numbers I think they do a wonderful job of matching actual photos of this particular aircraft, especially the shark mouth which is an almost perfect match. They were thin and went down very well

P2190589.JPG
P2190590.JPG
P2190591.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back