**** DONE: 1/48 Hawk H-81-A-2, AVG - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did work on the smaller parts today and still have hope of getting it all done on time.
-Painted the prop tips yellow and masked them off
-Drilled out the exhaust stacks and put the first layer of paint on
-Painted the undercarriage doors
-Cleaned up the resin wheels and painted the hubs
-Cleaned up the landing gear
-Glued together and cleaned up the spinner
-Cleaned up and masked all the canopy parts

P2230593.JPG

Last edited:
Things are progressing well and I'm pretty sure I will make it.

1) Painted and unmasked the canopy and windscreen
2) Finished painting and assembled the prop. Not a fan of separate blades, especially when the connection has a lot of play in it
3) Washes done on the exhaust stacks and gear legs and painting and decals done on the resin wheels
4) Used thinned light grey paint to replicate the fuel spills in the fuselage side than put on the tiger decals and sprayed on overall dull coat.
5-7) Overall pictures of the dull coat finish

Still need to do some light pastel stains and add some details to the windscreen, then it will be time to start putting on all the breakable parts.

P2240594.JPG
P2240595.JPG
P2240596.JPG
P2240597.JPG
P2240598.JPG
P2240599.JPG
P2240600.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks George. The exhaust is really pretty easy as long is it is round and not slotted. I used a sharp # 11 blade, put the point as close to the center as I could and spun it. Just go slow and keep stopping to look at it to make sure you're not getting off center or making the sidewalls too thin. Took me less then 10 min. to do all 12

Thanks guys! More detail work done.

1) The weathering of the resin wheels completed
24) There is a bullet proof panel behind the windscreen that I replicated with a piece of clear plastic cut from the packaging for a dress shirt. The windscreen had incorrect raised frame lines at this location (in pics it does look like the bullet proof panel is a canopy frame) I filed them off and polished it so it matches the original one piece plexiglas windscreen.
56) The gear legs on and some pastel staining applied and finished off with another layer of dull coat.
7) The start of the seat harness. Lead foil from a wine bottle cut into thin strips and painted. this will give me enough material for quite a few harness sets if I don't mess too many up.

It should be no problem finishing it up this weekend.

P2270611.JPG
P2270601.JPG
P2270602.JPG
P2270607.JPG
P2270609.JPG
P2270610.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back