**** DONE: 1/48 F3F-3 – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a little more.
Another No Fit part. The PE wing wires. Step by step, my solution.
In the first and second photos you can see how it fits put in the kit position. The third shows the kit position. Fourth shows the real thing and shows where the rods are attached. Fifth is two holes drill Near where they should be with the rods in place. Six is the result.

The cross rods are a different story, have the shakes today so will have to wait as the are a little fiddley.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB16 VF-5 14a.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 51
  • GB16 VF-5 14b.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 52
  • GB16 VF-5 14c.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 48
  • GB16 VF-5 14d.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 49
  • GB16 VF-5 14e.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 49
  • GB16 VF-5 14f.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 46
A couple of drops of white glue should plug those holes nicely.
I am puzzled that the P.E. wires didn't fit right. In all the build reviews no-one has mentioned that. I will look out for that problem when I get back to mine!

And then Paul, one of the cross rods PE was short. I haven't a clue why they would be out of shape like this. I had to fake one end.

Then I made a little rod to connect them at the cross. Just have to put the antennae wires on now, then it's outa my hair.....
Am I glad this is over. Fraught with little misadventures. But it is one of my Yorktown planes now. One I probably would never have built, so for that I am glad.

Attachments

• GB16 VF-5 15.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 47
Only if it's a plastic one Charles. But besides the struts, the rods are a bit fiddely to say the least. So I've got all that done. Can't say I'm not happy about it. Them struts and rods had me spinning. Here's the front pic before I make my finished thread. I am happy with the results tho. Some of the steps I mighta done some before others which woulda made life easier. But then the rods would have been impossible to fit before the top wing went on.

But, heeeeeer's the Barrel!

Attachments

• GB16 VF-5 finix9.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread