**** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5 Hellcat Capt D McCambell - Aircraft of the aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys.

Today's update;

The day was spent decaling, this plane had a lot of stencils that were nearly unreadable until i put them on the plane, so i was forced to use a magnifying glass to try and read if they were upside down or not! for some reason i could not get a good focus without the flash, these pictures show the correct blue color;
day37.jpg

day31.jpg

day3.jpg

With the flash on, it looks too light but now the focus is correct!
day33.jpg

day32.jpg

day34.jpg

day35.jpg

I also touched up under the engine cowl.
day36.jpg

I may give it a cote of semi gloss as its too shiney for an active fighter, but she looks damn good this way!

Today's update;

Not alot, i redid the plane is semi-gloss giving it a much more realistic look, and finished and attached the propellar.
day4.jpg

day41.jpg

Unfortunetly I had some storm damage from last week and my masks and the kit's canopy are lost, its floating somewhere in the long island sound i estimate.

So squadron canopy and masks ordered as replacements.

Nice shots evan, and shiney!

Since i want the plane to look operational the semi-gloss is fine.

Since I have to wait, the only work done on the hellcat was adding decals to the prop.
propdecals.jpg

Looks very good Chris. Don't go by modern warbirds for how the real deal looked as these things are pampered to no end. Your semi gloss finish looks very convincing.

I know, could you imagine the crew of the essex sitting there polishing the CAG's plane while awaiting the next cap or patrol?

I can't either. ;)

Still waiting on the canopy, did add the landing gear though no pictures.

Squadron mailed it during the week so I expect it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back