**** DONE 1/48 Ki 61 Hein 'Tony' Maj T.Kobayashi - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, It does not matter.
Anyway if you're interested you can find in the next webs:

http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~lifelike/ (japanese page of fine decals for kits)
World War 2 Photos - Japanese Forces (Photos of SWW, some of IJA ace Teruhiko Kobayashi, Kawasaki ki 61, 244th Sentai (The Defenders of Tokyo)

If you need anything more, you just have to ask it. I wished someone would help me when I started. (Now I´m over a hundred kits).
Regards.

Today's update;

Did some of the decals for the wing walks and flaps as well as the kill marks.
day62.jpg

day6.jpg

the yellow declas for the id band didn't fit, as the decals are for the Tamiya kit, so I painted it first acrylic white then tamiya Yellow.
day61.jpg

Just have to paint the canopy now, then landing gear and some small details and this guy is done.

thanks guys.

Today's update;

Painted and attached the propeller, and the engine exhausts.

Also painted the wheel wells and added a quick wash to bring out the excellent detail there.

day7.jpg

day71.jpg

day72.jpg

working on the canopy, its drying as i have to do a little, let it dry then do a little more.

The canopy is finished, so i attached it, and did the rest of the decals.

canopy.jpg

canopy1.jpg

Now it has to dry for a day, before i add the landing gear and underwing tanks, and the small weathering i plan.

Final update;

Gun trails and a light exhaust trails are added. I also added some detail to the wheel bay and coated the blue stripe in flat finish.
day8.jpg

day81.jpg

Next, the landing gear is attached. i had already painted and decaled these parts to save time and effort.
day82.jpg

The wheel doors need slight touchups.
day83.jpg

next, the drop tanks are constructed and hand painted as i didn't feel like spraying, and lastly an antenna of streched sprue is made , attached and painted. This will be straightened a bit after it dries on the kit, but essentially the kit is comple.
day84.jpg

day85.jpg

Finnished shots next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back