**** DONE: 1/48 Brewster B-239 - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good to hear Jason is OK Vic, and glad to know he's recovering well.
That's looking good, and good to know you've got the right engine on the right 'plane !

Thanks for the kind words folks, both for Jason and the model update.

I've had quite a productive day and managed to get more spraying done on this beasty.

First swish of the lighter colour of the top coat camo, it was getting quite dark in the shed when doing this and another spray will be given tomorrow in better light. Believe it or not this is a lighter shade of green, just a couple of notches up from Avocado, just shows how deceptive artificial light can change things.

111117-1A.jpg

Here we gave the canopy parts a swish over.

111117-1B.jpg

Krikey, 45?!

Just one more thing makes me think I am on borrowed time.
I'm already 7-1/2 years older than my grandfather when he went. Only 10 years younger than gather when he rolled his last bowling ball!

But then, they didn't have hobbies like we do!

Thanks for the compliments guy's, much appreciated.

Well managed to get the camo spraying out of the way today, it was a bit hot, but then again, the paint dried quick. As you see it, I've also put on a couple of future for protection.

111119-1A.jpg

111119-1B.jpg

Will probably give it a couple more coats before doing any more work on it like panel lines and navigation lights.

Thanks for the kind words gent's. No pics today as it don't look no different to yesterday, but I did add a couple of canon and the nav lights after a couple more coats of future this morning. Also as mentioned in the I-16 build, snapped the forward aerial while trying clean it up, but a new stronger one was quickly made.

If not overcommitted tomorrow, may start with the decals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back