**** DONE: 1/48 Brewster B-239 - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know initially I said this build would remain dormant until early Nov but in the last couple of weeks I've been trying to fill spare time while waiting for the day Hil and I start our two month world trip. So I decided to make a start and what you see is the culmination of about 2 weeks plodding on in spurts of an hour or two here and there....
t2618.gif

110831-1A.jpg

Resin detail added to the wheel bays.

110831-1B.jpg

110831-1C.jpg

A couple of dry fit pictures, it seemed to go together very nicely.

110831-1F.jpg

110831-1E.jpg

With the wings together the cockpit forward bulkheads and floor are added. I later changed the internal colour to a light grey having read that this was the common colour used by the Fins and these machines were refitted with metric instruments in Sweden before being taken onto squadron inventory.

110831-1G2 (2).jpg

110831-1G2.jpg

110831-1H.jpg

110831-1J.jpg

110831-1K.jpg

Next up a series of pictures of the engine which though reasonably good was just crying for some attention.

So that's it folk until November. Hil and I are off on a world trip heading for Los Angeles on Friday.

c0208.gif

p0502.gif

Good stuff Karl.As always, lovely details you added there.

I wish you a safe trip and if your course takes you through Calgary, be sure to drop me a line.

Great work there Vic. Hope you have a good trip, and see you when you get to the non-sunny North West !

Ok guy's IM BACK, so watch this space................

Got lots of travel pics to post as well, so I'll be in Vic's Pics very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back