**** DONE: 1/48 Brewster B-239 - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks Glenn and Stephane.

Managed to get quite a bit done today but sadly not enough time to get in some pics. The decals are on but not without a couple of problems, the first was the decal backing, this had to be washed off each decal before application and I also had problems with the decal solution, the runoff left a white film on the paintwork and for the life of me I could not get it off. Luckily it spotted after applying a couple of decals and I figured that the solution was well past it's shelf life. A new bottle of the same solution gave no problem.

I've another hectic day on the cards for tomorrow but hoping I will still get more done and hopefully some pics.

Just waiting for the prop tips to dry then that and the boss will go on and Bobs your Uncle, a couple of quick sprays, fit the gun sight, canopies and aerial wire and well be done. Should have progress pics later.

Here are then, a few interim shots just prior to my spraying a couple of final coats of future.

111122-1A.jpg

111122-1B.jpg

111122-1C.jpg

111122-1D.jpg

111122-1E.jpg

Initially I was a bit sceptical about the outcome of the build, particularly with the long break in between the initial start in August and picking the bits again in November. All in all though, I feel it's not come out to bad.

Thanks Terry me old mate.

I figure I'm done, though not as happy as I would like to be. Had a problem fitting the forward canopy which still has a gap on one side, other than that though, it's not bad. Will take shots tomorrow if the weather improves, it's kind of raining right now, which means dull and not conducive to good photo shots.

111122-2A.jpg

111122-2B.jpg

111122-2C.jpg

111122-2D.jpg

111122-2E.jpg

111122-2F.jpg

111122-2G.jpg

111122-2H.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back