**** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5P VF-88 Yorktown - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep Paul, that's the one I'm working off.
Her's the last photo before finishing.

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 10.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 10.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 74
Page 4 Vic I gave a brief on how I made this little sucker.
Just have to stack a bunch of crap till it looks like what one is after! LMAO

It's a bad picture up there, I did it with no natural light. Just did the overall painting, XF69 gray body, semigloss back section. Still have to paint the silver bits. Am doing the buckles this a.m.

I took a minute to make up the Photographers Mate who will be under the plane. Still have some filling around the joins to do before painting. By the box, this guy is supposed to have a HAT on!!!!!! What the? Don't ya hate it? Now I have to make a hat!

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 11a.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 11a.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 63
To borrow the vernacular(been waiting 2 years to fire that baby into a sentence) of our non-Canadian speaking modeling family across the ponds, "Crikey". That is one awesome bit of scratch, Bill.

Geo

To use the vernacular of those of us on this side of the pond - b*gg*r me, that's bl**dy marvellous Bill!
Quick fix for the hat - mould a lump of 'Milliput' on to the head, shape it roughly to the shape required, and adjust by carving when set - simple, and saves a lot of work.

Thanks Geo, Vic.....
Terry, I just thought it sounded a little more dramatic wanting to expose the brain..... miliput will be the medium of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back