**** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5P VF-88 Yorktown - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A little.
Yesterday I occupied my time with other things..... mopping, garden, stuff.

Today I gots to get the loopy thingies in and quit mucking around with it or I wont make the deadline in 16 days.
Another race to the finish due to poor planning, and a second entry.

A little.
Yesterday I occupied my time with other things..... mopping, garden, stuff..

For a minute there I thought you said 'moping'....................
b0227.gif

so getting back to my 6, and wanting to do some of the things done last, first for a change.
I've cleaned up the ordnance and getting to the underwings racks, they di not conform to the wing profile. i removed the pins so the whole surface could be shaped. I've added the thinnest styrene strip to the top, then held a piece of ruff sandpaper to the wing and pulled the piece back and forth to get the curve correct. Done one, now to the second one.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 12.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 12.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 74
Well the hangers are fitted and attached. Won't do the arms onem till almost ready for paint, cuz I'll probably snap the buggers off. ****Put in a wall for brass guns, the kit guns are so out of register I don't want to usem!

Cleaned a little slot between the exhausts with the point of a #11 scalpel, then drilledem out with a .8mm drill.

Attached the nose piece for the cowling and blended the sticky outy edges, then had to touch up the rivets with a .13mm drill bit.

Then got the tail feathers glued up and finished off the seams.

I'm trying to find a picture of the fairing under the fuselage. The picture attached is from Rodney Williams Early F6F. Is this what it looks like when in the open position???? Anyone know? I'm gonna post in the questions thread.

I am sailoring on..... on this one.

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 13a.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 13a.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 71
  • GB17 F6F-5P 13b.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 13b.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 57
  • GB17 F6F-5P 13c.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 13c.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 75
  • GB17 F6F-5P 13d.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 13d.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Sometimes you just have to shake your head.

Ordnance. Eduard saw fit to supply etched fins for the bombs. I can't get them to stay on!

And.... the New tooling for the rockets fin ends are so far out of alignment, I don't want to fiddle with them to correct them. Gonna have to think this one thru..... Again.

Brass barrels, the kits ones are crap, are on their way. Now what to do about the ordnance????

My battle continues.

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 14.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 14.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 49
No pics of the fairing in my files Bill but will check my books.

The rocket fins aren't outrageous to my eye. Pretty common issue IMHO but a little time with a file should make these look OK. You could even lop the fins off and make new ones from card. As for the bomb fins, medium thick CA should do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back