**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2/2n TIGERCAT - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i picked up some 0.3 mm wire does okay as you can see i drilled the a little to big that can be fixed.

001-39.jpg

Nice Woody I have one in the stash started painting and put it back up.I have always fancied doing the yellow bird myself making it standout amongst the rest.

Got myself a set of micro-drills down to size 80 for that sort of thing Jerry, there worth their weight in gold.

Here's that picture. I started another thread to see if anyone has a solution to this mystery with out clogging up your build.
My advice to anyone that has one on a shelf, go check it now.

tiger1.jpg

I got a little time for some modeling work has been hectic. Lets see got the engines about ready for some plug wires,a small start on the cockpit there is a few bad ejection pin marks and Terry had mention that true details had resin tire and wheel set which i ordered from LHS.

002-35.jpg

003-26.jpg

005-12.jpg

004-14.jpg

Thanks guys no, Problem Vic. I set the engines aside so i could work on the wings and engine nacelles I wanted to get alot of the sanding done before attaching them pics later today.

Nice work so far matey.

Something I did one one of my builds for the cockpit. Saves a little cash as well. Shave the little panels and throttle quadrant off with a scalpel, carefully right down to the sidewall. The take a thin sheet of styrene and glue them to that. when dry trim to size, and then glue them back on in place. Just adds some dimension that is lacking in the kit. And very little expense....

Just sayin.

Thanks guys. a small update my time has been limited here lately but before long it will get back to normal. wings arealmost ready for primer the cockpit is well under way trying to make some seat belts they look about the right size,i need to do the buckles yet.

001-42.jpg

003-28.jpg

I drilled the exhaust a bit.

002-37.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back