**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2/2n TIGERCAT - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is really a beautiful plane.
Just out of curiousity, what causes the orangish shade in some of the picts?

That is really a beautiful plane.
Just out of curiousity, what causes the orangish shade in some of the picts?

I think its caused by the lack of flash on some of the pics if i have the camera to close but i can hold the camera back and zoom in then i get a flash i think but if you ask the wife i dont think.

Might be on a natural light setting. If you have a setting for tungsten or fluorescent light light on the camera, that could correct it.

Like the progress BTW.

Those undercarriage bits look quite fragile, hope they stand up to the weight of the airframe with the extra weight on board.

Looking good, and I think those undercarriage legs could be stronger than they look - the weak part would be the main wheel axles.
The 'warm' colour cast in the photos is due to the colour temperature of the artificial lighting. As Andy mentioned, either set to 'Tungsten' or 'Natural' settings if your camera has them, or adjust the 'white balance' by focusing on a piece of white paper and taking one exposure. This should re-set the WB for the lighting conditions.
Last resort for most of us when we need to know the camera features, is to read the instruction book - I must do that some day, if I can find it!

If you have those Green energy efficient lights they can cause multitudes of light, I've had Green, Blue, Dark, Dim, Bright, Blistering, and normal light :D I hope that helped :)

Looking good, and I think those undercarriage legs could be stronger than they look - the weak part would be the main wheel axles.
The 'warm' colour cast in the photos is due to the colour temperature of the artificial lighting. As Andy mentioned, either set to 'Tungsten' or 'Natural' settings if your camera has them, or adjust the 'white balance' by focusing on a piece of white paper and taking one exposure. This should re-set the WB for the lighting conditions.
Last resort for most of us when we need to know the camera features, is to read the instruction book - I must do that some day, if I can find it!

Instruction book, there more like aircraft maintenance manuals these days and if you're like me you need someone to translate most of it for you.

Thanks guys this ones ready for paint not much to show and the resin wheels i orderd have not come in yet. I assume this aircraft would have been pertty clean and glossy or satin sheen any input on this thanks.

Gloss dark blue was the order of the day for the "-2". Flat black for the "-N" version, however I would try to knock the gloss down a bit for scale.

Thanks guys, Paul i will give it a coat of satin to see what it looks like but i have to get color on first which it is ready for paint. I painted the flat black on the props now the hubs or spinners what is the correct color i have seen white,blue,and silver any suggestions would be great help.

The props

007-6.jpg

And the wheels

002-45.jpg

Looks like i need to get some of them wheels...jerry, check your propellors...I think they are the wrong way round...I read that they were moulded @rse about...so I checked mine, yep sure are back to front...

Looks like i need to get some of them wheels...jerry, check your propellors...I think they are the wrong way round...I read that they were moulded @rse about...so I checked mine, yep sure are back to front...

Yep your right Wayne so i orderd cutting edge replacements part no. CEC48321 hope to get them quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back